DSE

24 hours remain

I would spend the time with my closest family and friends. It wouldn't really matter where we were or what we were doing. With only 24 hours left, I think that certain people would be much more important to me than activities or locations.

Well, I've lost enough people without being able to say good bye that one last time and tell them I loved them, that making sure my friends and family had that chance would be on top of my list. I'd also want to see that my kids made the skydive with me they've each been talking about doing. I'd really like them to have a taste of the sky and share in the joy I've found there.
"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

Like others, I would want to spend the time with the people I love. Just a big bbq in the backyard with good food and drink, loved ones and lots of smiles and giggles. But, hopefully it won't be in August, because then it'd be too hot for that in FL. I don't want to be freakin' sweating buckets on my last day! :P

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

This concept reminds me of a joke.... where this Doctor calls and calls his patient , and finally reaches him.
The Doc says, " i have bad news and i have worse news." and the patient says, " geeze Doc better lemme have the Bad news first".
and the doctor says, "the bad news is ... you have less than 24 hours to live!!!"
and the patient says,," that's the BAD news?? what could the WORSE news possibly be"???
and the doctor replies,
the worse news is,,, I've been trying to reach you,,, since yesterday morning".....;)B|

anyway, as for me,,,
i would start the day with a hearty breakfast of bacon and eggs, and toast and butter,,, good strong coffee... calories, cholesterol and tri-glycerides be Damned!!!

then i'm off to get a haircut, because if i am to be reunited with my grandparents and certain others near and dear to me, ( hopefully ) in heaven... I want to look nice...

then back to the house, where i'd take a walk down the hill in our back yard to visit one last time with the 2 African Elephants
who live at the city ZOO, which is within walking distance of the house... Majestic!!!

then it's off to lunch with Nancy,, up by the lake at her favorite place, followed by soft-serve custard at our favorite ice cream store...

back home, i'd present my wife with the 20 carat diamond necklace.. ( that i bought on the "deffered payment plan" ) and with the 2 million dollar Life insurance policy.....;);)

the kids would come by for supper , Linguine with seafood ..... shrimp, clams, lobster and scallops in a marinara sauce...

after which we'd reminisce, by enjoying some old family photo albums..

I'd make a phone call to the local crematorium to be sure that " i'm on the manifest for the next day",,,, then head out to the yard . I'd fill the bird feeder, water the flowers and veggies, NOT mow the lawn, and drink ONE cold beer....
My wife would join me, and i'd hold her hand and Tell her HOW much i love her....

then i'd shower and shave and put on my Bounce-Proof T -shirt, which mentions skydiving
" no lower than your angels dare to fly" and practice my words for when i come face to face with Saint Peter..

pretty basic... and that IS my reality. No need to fly around the world. there are very very few things which i MUST do, I am happy and content, and have very VERY few regrets

jmy

If today were your last day and you knew in advance that your life had only 24 hours remaining, what would you do? Who would you do it with?
Budget should not be a consideration, but reality is.
Fly to Japan and view Kilimanjaro with your five best friends would fall under "reality." Getting a blowjob from Jennifer Aniston likely isn't.

This is research for a documentary piece. The question was asked of academics and answers (interestingly enough) ranged from "making love to my spouse all day" to "I'd kill my ex and then beat the clock."

I realize serious answers in Bonfire are as rare as gourmet meals in a mall...but your input would be appreciated.

fly to the tallest cliff, base jump with a wingsuit and try to land on a ski slope
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

I sat and thought about this for a while, and you know, I couldn't come up with anything I'd change from just what I'm doing today. Not sure if that's good or bad.

That's kinda how I felt.. Except I'd want to spend the 24 hours with the people I love.

Otherwise, I couldn't think of anything I'd really want to do. If I had one month left, then maybe I'd try a few things?? Not sure..
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

see what its like to have my Vigil II fire and get subsequently grounded and then spend my time with my family and close friends whilst blasting every song ever recorded by Metallica B|

Dudeist Skydiver #170
You do not need a parachute to skydive, you only need one to skydive again