DSE

24 hours remain

If today were your last day and you knew in advance that your life had only 24 hours remaining, what would you do? Who would you do it with?
Budget should not be a consideration, but reality is.
Fly to Japan and view Kilimanjaro with your five best friends would fall under "reality." Getting a blowjob from Jennifer Aniston likely isn't.

This is research for a documentary piece. The question was asked of academics and answers (interestingly enough) ranged from "making love to my spouse all day" to "I'd kill my ex and then beat the clock."

I realize serious answers in Bonfire are as rare as gourmet meals in a mall...but your input would be appreciated.

I would go to Arizona, make amends with my father and give him a big hug and tell him I love him. Find a good home for my pets, and donate all of my belongings to charity.

Then fly real quick to Washington DC because I really want to see it before I die.

:)

Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Why can't i get a blow job from Jennifer Aniston?

Exactly! All these celebrities like to make a big noise about how they're helping out in humane causes.
If the world's about to end, what could be a more humane cause than Jennifer Aniston and Angelina Jolie giving out blowjobs?
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

A-I didn't say the world is about to end.
B-I should have known better than to expect a serious answer. [:/]
C-the project is for Children's Miracle Network.

Jim, the song you heard is from Nickelback's latest album, and is what inspired this particular producer to want to do this project. So many of the people involved in this project are aware of their limited time left, the question is posed to show the contrast between those that actually face this decision vs those that don't.

Hey you're the one who mentioned blow jobs and you expect anyone to be serious in the bonfire?

Children's Miracle Network and you mention Jennifer Aniston and blow jobs.

If you have 24 hours to live, your world is about to end. I want a damn blow job.:D

A-I didn't say the world is about to end.
B-I should have known better than to expect a serious answer. [:/]
C-the project is for Children's Miracle Network.

Jim, the song you heard is from Nickelback's latest album, and is what inspired this particular producer to want to do this project. So many of the people involved in this project are aware of their limited time left, the question is posed to show the contrast between those that actually face this decision vs those that don't.

Thanks Spot, it sounded like Nickelback but I wasn't sure...it IS a very thought provoking song and like I said it got me thinking.

In someways like a day at the dz, it put some things in perspective. :)

What would "I" do?

Make sure the people that mean a great deal to me ~ know it.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Make a BASE jump, possibly with a wingsuit. Worrying about dying isn't really there because if you are killed on that jump you only lose a few hours. Although I guess you still have to worry about negative media attention.

Or spend all that time with my family and friends (skydiving and non-skydiving).

Or maybe try acid, ecstasy and boomers. Haven't done any of those and don't really have the urge to right now. If I was about to die though that might change. Possibly throw some sex in with the ecstasy just to see what it feels like. The stories I've heard are ridiculous about how good it feels. I'd like to try it before I die.

Edit: so basically I'm saying I wanna do something I've never done before. ('cept for the hanging out with family and friends. i do that all the time.)

Aside from calling my family...

I would want to spend it with my ex. I don't care what we do. Even if we spent the whole day arguing. Just would want to spend every minute with the man I love.
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

I'd make sure my will was up to date, giving my friends everything worth leaving. Find a great home for my little white miniature schnauser. Then send cards to all I love telling them how my life has been made better for having them in my life. Then find out just how fast my new Super Bee really is. Other than that, I've lived a pretty fast and full life so there isn't much left that I'd like to do.

TripleF

"Upon seeing the shadow of a pigeon, one must resist the urge to look up."

Get all my family and friends in one place and spend some quality time with them letting each and everyone know how much I care about them.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

Oh, hey. l got to tell you about my dream.
You're gonna get into this.
This is great.
No, really. The one thing l want to do...
...before l join the cosmos is to hang-glide off of Mount Everest.
Wait. This is the best part. lt's naked!
Yeah, man.

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Hey you're the one who mentioned blow jobs and you expect anyone to be serious in the bonfire?

If you have 24 hours to live, your world is about to end. I want a damn blow job.:D

Seriously, 'cheese;
I'm going to gather up all my credit cards and head to the Moonlight Bunny Ranch.
I'll pick you up on the way.
I'm sure you can get anything you want there.:)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Seriously, 'cheese;
I'm going to gather up all my credit cards and head to the Moonlight Bunny Ranch.
I'll pick you up on the way.
I'm sure you can get anything you want there.:)

I think...
$2000 an hour, anything goes. on the trampoline, food fight, water room, dress up in the doctors office, theme rooms...
oh yea and you can have sex too
SKYDIVING = HAPPY

My first thing to do would be to make sure my lil dog Oli had a safe place to live and someone to look after him; then, I'd make sure that everyone I loved knew how much they truly meant to me (just in case they didn't already)... I'd try like hell to get a hug from my ex, then... make an actual big girl jump since I've only done one tandem so far. Whatever time was left, well hopefully that time would be spent having a couple of drinks with those closest to me laughing about crazy times we all had together.;)

"One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar" ~ Helen Keller

This is one way that skydiving has truly impacted my life. I know perfectly well that leaving the plane could be the last thing I do. There are no guarantees that I'm going to be alive after I land. There's no guarantee I (or anyone else) will survive the commute home tonight, and I recognize that too. I don't obsess about it, but I see how fleeting life can be, and how sudden death can be. Most people don't see these things until it's too late.

Because of this, those I love know it, because I tell them on a regular basis.

So it's kind of like the philosophy of Billy Jack (anybody else remember this?) If I'm going to do something, I ask -

Is this something I would regret not doing if I died tomorrow? If so, I do it.

Is this something I want to be the last thing I do on this earth? If not, not.

And as a serious answer to your question, I'd find out how fast my Porsche can go on the way up to base off the Macinack Bridge;)

"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I think being told that you have a certain amount of time left is the greatest gift you could ever have, because you better bet most people are going to live like hell in their last bit of life. Most think they have forever, and die randomly or get old having never lived at all. Anyways, here is my day:

Steal a very very fast convertible. Pick up a huge sack of blow. Drive to the dz, and trade my rig for a base rig. Drive to Yosemite, and climb half dome at record speed, then jump totally ass naked and go low, real low. If I am still alive, smash at full speed back to the bay area, rob a bank, and get into a high speed persuit with police, and outrun them. Use the cash to pay for everyone's bridge toll for however long it would last for. Smoke a huge joint, and jump some buildings in the city, of course taking it real low. Most of the day is gone at this point, so I would fly to northern california where I plan to have my ashes spread, and during the trip I would rob a police station for a large quantity of c4. Once I got there, I would cutaway the canopy from the base rig, and fill it with c4 instead. Make a final jump from as much altitude as the plane is good for, all the while smoking a fatty and right before I hit the ground I would spread my ashes myself.

Maybe some of that money I robbed from the bank could go towards a free jump and beer boogie. With a 747 as the jump plane.

Kawabunga.

I am blessed to say that I have done most everything I have ever wanted to do.
So if I had just 24 hours, I would sit with my two boys and just listen to their voices and gaze at their faces.
I would want to leave this earth with my eyes full of them.

I am blessed to say that I have done most everything I have ever wanted to do.
So if I had just 24 hours, I would sit with my two boys and just listen to their voices and gaze at their faces.
I would want to leave this earth with my eyes full of them.

That's pretty much perfect. I would spend my last day with my family and friends, maybe make a skydive, maybe not. :)