skybytch

Weekend #'s - 10/10-10/11

That was a super-fun jump and I'm honored that I got to be a part of it. Big, big smiles all around!

Just 3 for me this weekend, but I guess I owe :D for my first time getting paid to skydive (second coach jump, but since the first was a hop & pop I was only paid to watch her skydive on that one). :)

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

:(: 2: Beer

No humps

Two jumps - student jumps. We are having issues with a student who can't control a spin.

Beer for landing off and yes I spotted. That was a first for me.

Can someone pretty please tell me how to make the cute beer symbol. I have NO idea how to do it and I am pretty geeky.
Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I

5 miles rollerblading before leaving for the DZ at noon on Saturday: 14: 0

9 tandems 5 freefly jumps including 4 with my wife. I have no idea why everyone waits until its 50 degrees out to make the decision to skydive but I'm not going to complain!
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

B|:7:0

Last weekend with our Caravan before it heads to Boise for the Michelle Barker memorial weekend and then Mesquite for the winter. It was -5°F at altitude, and I made 4 tandems and 3 AFFs. Little Larry Shumard made his 5000th on Saturday, then chopped line twists on his birthday yesterday. Megan made her 1000th yesterday on our last turbine load of the year...wish I'd been on it but a headcold got the best of me. Overall, we made the best of the cold weather, and it's been a good season. After having to be at the DZ every single weekend for 7 months, I'm looking forward to closing on a new house this afternoon and having some time off so we can make it our home. B|:)
Next Saturday I WILL be drinking mimosas at whatever time I drag my ass out of bed, which will NOT be before 6 AM. :P

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

6 wingsuit jumps and 1 RW. Got invited to be part of the belly jump, and tried to talk my way out of it since I'm a wingsuit snob now.:) But had no luck. Sure glad I made the jump because the dive was a blast and only after landing did I find out it was #5000 for the guy.

Getting invited on a milestone dive by someone you consider a mentor = priceless.

50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

:)
only 2 jumps before we ran out of tadems to put the plane up again [:/] but those 2 were fun. 5-way spider and V's, turned 5 points; 3 way that turned 16 points B|

If I've not said so lately, I love this sport. :)
"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" ~Samuel Clemens

MB#4300
Dudeist Skydiver #68

Bases were 800-1200 all weekend. Least I stayed home and played rather than heading to Dallas where everybody sat in a hanger all weekend.

KIM - to make :D enclose the beer word in brackets [ ]
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

Bases were 800-1200 all weekend. Least I stayed home and played rather than heading to Dallas where everybody sat in a hanger all weekend.

KIM - to make :D enclose the beer word in brackets [ ]

Thanks Buff. Lovely Lisa helped me with that one. I got a little obsessed trying to see what other words I could enclose in brackets and get cute little pictures. I felt compelled to start a thread on it. :ph34r:
Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I

0:11:0

4 Tandem Videos and 2 AFF videos on Saturday then 5 Tandem videos on Sunday... I did end up on a plane with a married couple with the same first names as Beth and I... it was kind of cool/crazy...

Scott
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...