turtlespeed

I think I almost got scammed

I got a facebook message from a friends account this morning. He said that he got mugged at gunpoint in wales last night and was holed up at a local library.

OK - So - I'm sympathetic and start to send him some money by western union . . . BING - bell rings - I ask him where we met, what were we doing, that kind of thing . . . no answer . . .

I said - you need to answer me this - your facebook account might be hacked.

Poof - all of a sudden I am no longer friends and have no permission to chat with him anymore.

Why can't people just WORK for what they need as opposed to trying to steal someone elses work.>:(

So i am reporting his account. I hope noone else has sent money.[:/]
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

His name is Barry - he is a regular at Lost Praire - I can't even find his account now.

I can't report it if I don't have the URL - Anyone that is friends with him on face book might want to try contacting him.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

sux being scammed...if that's the case, maybe you will get a delayed thankyou when the dude's situation improves...best case scenario.

>Why can't people just WORK for what they need as opposed to trying to steal someone elses work.

not so easy these days what with the economy down, criminal activity is considered work by some people.
Beware of the collateralizing and monetization of your desires.
D S #3.1415

sux being scammed...if that's the case, maybe you will get a delayed thankyou when the dude's situation improves...best case scenario.

>Why can't people just WORK for what they need as opposed to trying to steal someone elses work.

not so easy these days what with the economy down, criminal activity is considered work by some people.

Looks like the whole account has been deleted now -

yeah, I predict people will get very "creative" in the next few months, sometimes It is tempting to break bad but people have to realize that the economy will improve and sit tight.

Here's a cautionary tale about feeling sorry for people;I think I told this one a while ago-
A buddy of mine was at the Salty Dog in Homer AK drinking and fell for a sad tale about this musher dude who could not feed his dogs(likely bullshit).....yadda yadda...
He got talked into breaking the window of the local jewelry store so this dude could reach in and grab the goods -fucking BAD Idea...instant jail time!!

desperate people do desperate shit.:|

add; So as not to offend anyone- The Salty Dog (Dawg) is a great and legendary little bar a must visit when in Homer- back in the day we asked for an "oil can" (Fosters) after a day of fishing and foolishness on the spit- highly recommended, four starsB|

Beware of the collateralizing and monetization of your desires.
D S #3.1415

I just heard on the local news that several people were victims of this scam today and it is being investigated. The person who contacted you probably was not anyone you know.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

In a previous business I sold high price items where I regularly received email where they wanted to send a cashiers check for a higher amount and I was to wire back the difference. Even though I knew they were scams I would play along, making them go through the trouble of sending the fraudulent cashiers check (always from overseas and by overnight carrier). I would even have more fun when I email them that I cashed the entire check at a downtown bank where I didn’t have an account. After a lot of back and forth emails I would finally admit that I was keeping all of the money since I needed a vacation.
So next time one of these fucks want you to wire them money, tell them you will do it. it’s a lot of fun;)

You live more in the few minutes of skydiving than many people live in their lifetime

His name is Barry - he is a regular at Lost Praire - I can't even find his account now.

I can't report it if I don't have the URL - Anyone that is friends with him on face book might want to try contacting him.

He's been contacted and knows. His account is still up. At least it's still there on my friends list.

I'll try reporting it.

FYI, Star had "Barry" pop up on FB chat this AM with the same story.

She didn't respond to his chat and called me and then George sent messages to all Barry's friends to let them know about it.

Sux.
'Shell

He's been contacted and knows. His account is still up. At least it's still there on my friends list.

I'll try reporting it.

FYI, Star had "Barry" pop up on FB chat this AM with the same story.

She didn't respond to his chat and called me and then George sent messages to all Barry's friends to let them know about it.

Sux.

Reported it, just got off the phone with Barry. He knows and is going to contact FB. Their reply to me was they were securing his account and he had to contact them to reestablish ownership of it.

Hopefully he can.

If any of you who are friends of mine get a "chat" from me to send money, don't do it. I'd call you if I were mugged.

BTW, Turtle, Barry finds humour in the fact that you were the ONLY friend that thought about sending money .... :D:D:D:D
'Shell

BTW, Turtle, Barry finds humour in the fact that you were the ONLY friend that thought about sending money .... :D:D:D:D

Well . . . I do owe him for this one thing that happened that one time.:D:D:D:D

I thought ya'll went back the next day and paid the farmer for the fence AND the chickens

Not THAT time, the OTHER time ... :D:D:D:D:D

Yeah that was the other time!

No payment needed.:P

Surprisingly.:o:D:D:D

I thought ya'll went back the next day and paid the farmer for the fence AND the chickens

Not THAT time, the OTHER time ... :D:D:D:D:D

I'm thinking it was the time with the farmers DAUGHTER, and from what I heard, he is PIssed! guess moneys not the answer this time!
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]