skittles_of_SDC

Where the Wild Things Are...

was a pretty good movie. The cinematography was good, the score was excellently done and the story, for being based off a 338 word book, was pretty darn good. This was one of my favorite books as a child. My mom read it to me at least a couple times a month. I was going to see it whether it was good or bad. Luckily it turned out to be a good movie. Has any one else seen it and what are your thoughts?

Btw, it may be PG but it was good for an older crowd, presumably because the book has been around even for an older generation's childhood.

No squabble with the book D.O.....but that movie was about as stupid as a bag of hammers.....

May as well as made paper airplanes with my money and chucked em out the window on the drive to the show....

My review, wait for the dvd to hit the dollar rack....that way you won't feel bad when you smash it, and eat the pieces
if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell

talk about lazy!!!! can't even read 338 words, have to watch a fucking 2hr movie instead. jeesuz christ!

Hopefully you don't seriously think that's why people watch movies adapted from books. ;)
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

No squabble with the book D.O.....but that movie was about as stupid as a bag of hammers.....

May as well as made paper airplanes with my money and chucked em out the window on the drive to the show....

My review, wait for the dvd to hit the dollar rack....that way you won't feel bad when you smash it, and eat the pieces

A true review from my lover:

me: how was he movie
Angela Sessom: i thought it sucked
me: lol
Angela Sessom: but everyone else liked it
me: good.
Angela Sessom: yeah
me: of course you thjought itt suxored
me: your all growed up
Angela Sessom: it just didn't make any sense to me
Angela Sessom: dumb
me: in a word... dumb
Angela Sessom: yep
me: ahh my hand fell asleep
Angela Sessom: lol
me: ok now it turned back on
Angela Sessom:
Angela Sessom: It was just a goofy fucking movie
me: your mad
Angela Sessom: a kid
me: you wanted to see zombieland with me
Angela Sessom: fucked up overstuffed bears
Angela Sessom: with teeth
me: rofl
Angela Sessom: that fought with one another all the time
Angela Sessom: just retarded
me: with teeth
Angela Sessom: almost as bad as sitting through Hotel for Dogs
me: but not as bad as the german translation of kindergarten cop III

OK, I haven't even seen it yet, but . . .

SPOILER ALERT -- DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE OR READ THE BOOK YET[/RED]

The monsters are various aspects of the kid's mind and his ideas of other people.

If your lover doesn't get that, then perhaps maybe you should reconsider going out with somebody a little brighter.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

A favorite book. Can't wait to see the movie. Looks like it's put together brilliantly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NOkQ4dYVaM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsZXKLtDb-k&feature=related

btw, I heard kids taken to see it were pretty overwhelmed . . .

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

I never read the book to my kids. I don't know why but never thought twice about getting it. They read it or had it read to them in Kindergarden or whatever and had to see the movie.

IMO it stunk. Had the family not been with me I would have walked out. Absolutely zero entertainment for me. My 14 yr old disliked it. My 10 yr old enjoyed it. My wife is non-committal.

jon

i'm starting to think i'm the only person that never heard of the book.

I never heard of the book either... [:/]

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

I enjoyed the movie... The book had only 10 sentences and the move was over 1.5 hours. I was not sure going in how they would deal with that and what liberties they would create but I thought they did a fantastic job and was really interested in the character development that they spun together for Max.. It was a little slow at times but overall very well done... I liked the movie and some of the areas that they filled in with the "Wild Things".. Not what I would call a true kids movie but overall I liked it.. Probably more so looking back on it then when I walked out of the theater after it was over....

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

I grew up on Maurice Sendak and Roald Dahl books and stories. Both writers had/ have a sense of humor and irony that made their childrens' book intersting and entertaining for adults as well.

I haven't seen the move yet, but I plan to. For a very long time, whenever a friend or family member had a baby, I always gave them either a copy of Where the Wild Things Are or his "Nutshell Library" which had 4 miniature books.