skydiverbry

Cheap and easy dinner

Suggesting shite beer is not very healthy or helpful.. you should be ashamed of yourself.
[wags finger...... vigorously]

Be careful what you say. Referring to Shiner Bock as shite beer can get ya killed in some places:P
I got nuthin

Cheap & easy tuna-noodle casserole-
Make a pack of Kraft mac & cheese in pot. (about 50 cents)
Dump it in a Pyrex bowl. Add 1 can of chunk lite tuna (I just bought it for 89 cents on special) and a can of peas, or peas n' carrots (about 59 cents generic).
Bake at 350 until done (it's better in a conventional oven, though I suppose you could nuke it instead).

Cheap dinner? Easy. Spaghetti. One can of tomato paste, can of tomato sauce, and one chopped up tomato for the sauce. One pound of hamburger or pork sausage for the meat (cook and drain grease before adding to the sauce.) One 22 oz pkg of noodles. Season the sauce with garlic powder, Italian seasoning, what ever. Should cost around $5-6 if you buy all the store brands and shop the sales like we do.

You'll have enough to feed 4-5 people and have some leftovers too.

Big bag of russet potatoes will stretch your food budget. Nuke 'em for a quick baked potato or shred 'em and fry in a buttered skillet for hash browns. Add some eggs and toast and you've got a hell of a breakfast for anytime.

Eating cheap is a hobby of ours in the Mitchell household. You'd be amazed at what we don't spend.B|

A beer sammich...

We call them "hydraulic sammiches" or having a hydraulic meal. From the drunks I worked & drank with back in the early 70's. Fridays were most likely to have a hydraulic lunch followed by a short afternoon.
When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

Ideas?

Heat a can of pork and beans (the good kind), pour onto plate. Pour chilled applesauce (the good kind, not that nasty organic, natural crap) on top of the beans. On top of that put a couple of well-browned smoked sausage links. Dig in. You got all your essentials. You got cheap. You got your legumes, you got your fruit, and you got your nitrites, as well as various tasty, unidentified dead animal parts. You got texture and the hot/cold interaction is pleasant. Tastes better than it sounds. (I'm not kidding!):)

Chili
1 Can crushed tomatoes
Chili Powder
Beer
Ground Red beans

how cheap can it be?

Spinach and Lentil soup

Lentils
Frozen spinach
Garlic and pepper
a couple strips of bacon

Smoked sausage w/fried potatoes and eggs
fry the potatoes, you can nuke them first if you are in a hurry. cut up the smoked sausage or kielbasa, when browned add eggs and stir. Use ketchup.

Dump it in a Pyrex bowl. Add 1 can of chunk lite tuna (I just bought it for 89 cents on special) and a can of peas, or peas n' carrots (about 59 cents generic).
Bake at 350 until done (it's better in a conventional oven, though I suppose you could nuke it instead).

That would make a coyote turn up its nose.[:/]

The same thing that is wrong with their fish, maple-syrup & healthcare.

:P

And??? We're waiting for an answer to what's wrong with it, along with the above ...

Or at least I am.
======
Back to the topic ... John had it right with spaghetti. I always keep pasta and some form of sauce kicking around just in case I'm feeling lazy.

It's always a good dinner option.
'Shell

Went out and go a few Sheetz hot dogs and a Mountain Dew:|

Ohh.also had a can of tuna later that evening

But better eating tonight,got alot of ideas from ya all..thanks...

Bry

--------------------------------------------------
Growing old is mandatory.Growing up is optional!!

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

cheap and easy...... and all you have to do is BOIL Water....

get the H2O going.. salt it....
Wash thoroughly and cut into pieces, 5 or 6 potatoes, LEAVEing the skin ,, On...

get them boiling for a few minutes, then add a half pound or so of elbow macaroni to the same pot.....
also throw in, a good handful of parsley, either dried or fresh...

cook until the pasta is done.... Overcooking the potatoes,,, is a GOOd thing here... you'll want them a bit soft...

drain,,, add salt pepper and butter , to taste....

Pasta & potatoes....
cheap and tasty...

jt

1 box mac-and-cheese
1 can tuna
1 cup frozen peas (or whatever vegetable-like-substance you have in the freezer)

Make mac-and-cheese. You can make it with less butter or oil -- it tastes just as good.

Add tuna. Cook over low heat until warm.

Add peas. Stir gently, then continue cooking over low heat until warm.

Eat. Don't forget this part.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Cut him some slack- he's a Brit! :D

1 can of kirkland canned chicken = $1.70

1 box of stove top stuffing= $1.79

put water and butter into saucepan with chicken and bring to boil and then turn off the fire and add stuffing mix- stir cover and wait 5 minutes. instant chicken and stuffing feeds 3. Enjoy total spent $3.49

Caress:)

I've learned.... That being kind is more important than being
right.

Cut him some slack- he's a Brit! :D

Who is?