CSpenceFLY

Lee Gerrard (skinnyshrek)

This was just posted on wctv.tv

Perfect. That means all the media and whuffos will go to ASC. :D:D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Perfect. That means all the media and whuffos will go to ASC. :D:D

Well - I guess it is "Near" cedartown.:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Thanks, popsjumper, for sharing this story.

It really captures what being a skydiver is about these days. Kudos to all involved...!

My last outing with Lee...

Lee loved sushi and rounded up a busload of jumpers to go 25 miles to his favorite Japanese restaurant. We all piled in and rode off into the night with Lee in high gear keeping the bus in an uproar...a traveling party on wheels.

We all entered the packed place and Lee immediately took charge telling the hostess "Fuck 'em" we got a shitload of people and want the next table." Lee gave her that big grin and she blushed and smiled.

While waiting, Lee found a big box of toys that the restaurant was giving out to the kids and he started stuffing his pockets saying, "Fuck 'em. We got kids at the DZ." The hostess saw that and opened her mouth to say something but just hung there slack-jawed and decided not to say it.

There was an older couple sitting on a waiting-bench and Lee commented on the old feller's NASCAR jacket and struck up a conversation with them about NASCAR and all and shortly into the chatter invited then to join us at our table offering to buy them a beer. He asked the lady, "Hey! You got grand-kids? Let me give you something for them", and pulled out one of the toys in his pocket and handed it to her.

We finally got a table and all sat down. The waiter came to take drink orders. He was a tall, thin guy with extremely protruding teeth. I'm sitting next to Lee and I could feel it coming...as the waiter started to walk off, Lee shouted, "Hey! TOOTH! come back you forgot one!" When the guy gets back, Lee started in on him..."You know we DO have dentists in America? I used to work here but had to quit. The dental plan sucked balls."

One of the girls got on Lee about being polite. Lee: "Whaaat? I AM being polite."

So, the sushi comes and Lee grabs the first plate and starts chowing down. He eats about half of the plate, offers some to me, and then with that big grin, holds it up and says, "Hey. They got the wrong plate..who ordered this?" and passed the plate down to the rightful diner who looked at the decimated plate woefully. Grinning, Lee says, "Man. That was good. You should order another one".

There was more going on but if you knew Lee, you would know that it would take all day to relate everything so I'll skip ahead to the departure...

I'm the DD. I get into the bus and crank it up. People slowly making their way on. Lee comes up to the window and motions "roll down the window". He says, "Pretend you are talking to me"...and them flops out the meat and pisses in the parking lot...he didn't fall for it when I yelled, "Cops!" He says, "Fuck 'em if they never pissed in a parking lot."

On the way home, the bus gets low on gas. Lee, in typical Lee fashion, yells, "Pull over at the next station. I'll put in some gas." Notably, nobody else offers.
Lee fills the tank.

Lee Gerrard:
Big hearted, fun-loving, rude, crude and right up front.
I love the big guy.

It really captures what being a skydiver is about these days. Kudos to all involved...!

No, it's what being Lee was all about. Out-going, Fun-loving, grinning, generous. I'm sorry you never met him. You would have benefitted from the experience. All those who knew him are the better for it.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

No, it's what being Lee was all about. Out-going, Fun-loving, grinning, generous. I'm sorry you never met him. You would have benefitted from the experience. All those who knew him are the better for it.

Amen Andy, Amen!!!

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

Man, go back to the Speakers Corner

Just ignore him........

I'm not afraid to say that Lee maybe lacked a "PC" side to him at times...He embarrassed me in front of my bosses at a country club in Deland once and I still hear about it......but I still love him to death and hung out with him when I had the chance. .......... I have seen Lee go through some hard times in the skydiving world....He cared for the people around him. If you want to judge him on stories told here, it is your loss you didn't know him. The only difference is I am not a pussy and won't hide behind a screen name when I speak about Lee. If you have something to say....speak up and stand behind your words....if you don't....fuck off

Hey man, while I believe what you said is true; I just want to remind you that Lee's family will be reading this thread. I assume they would want the tone to remain positive.

I'm sorry for your loss. I know what it is like to lose a great friend.

Amen Andy, Amen!!!

You can say that again!

Oh and Divnswoop, when has Lee EVER been politically correct??? He always cracked me up with his crude jokes. :D I miss that fat bastard already...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I just want to remind you that Lee's family will be reading this thread. I assume they would want the tone to remain positive.

Although I understand where you are coming from.....My post is EXACTLY what Lee stood for. If somebody was on here talking crap, he called them out AND stand behind his name/post. I think I made my feelings for Lee known.....I will miss him...miss him lying to me during poker games....making me uncomfortable in front of my boss....Giving me shit for not making it to boogies...confiding in me on his feelings about stuff.....

I will miss rubbin his belly and calling him a fat bastard..

One of the great things Lee did for me was to validate the idea that life is too short to waste time on being sensitive about stuff. That man was very good at making you look at your sensitivies and realizing that putting your emotional bank account in the red was just so much bull and a waste of time that could be better used on getting the fun out of life.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

One of the great things Lee did for me was to validate the idea that life is too short to waste time on being sensitive about stuff. That man was very good at making you look at your sensitivies and realizing that putting your emotional bank account in the red was just so much bull and a waste of time that could be better used on getting the fun out of life.

What an awesome lesson about life to learn! I know I could stand to learn that lesson a little better!

I never knew Lee or talked to him on here, but I remember that his posts were always good for a laugh. Reading this thread and realizing the kind of guy that he was has made an impression.

Sincere condolences to those who knew and loved him...BSBD Skinny
I got nuthin

I never met or talked to the Big Man but I know he was a good un' because he took in, and looked after my Pikey mate !!! .... and that says a lot about anyone.

So, I've just opened a Bottle of Newky Brown and left it at the bottom of the garden.

Lee if you flying this way tonight lad - it's there for you... just keep the noise down and don't wake the dogs up - Cheers :D

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Yes.

I never met or talked to the Big Man but I know he was a good un' because he took in, and looked after my Pikey mate !!! .... and that says a lot about anyone.

So, I've just opened a Bottle of Newky Brown and left it at the bottom of the garden.

Lee if you flying this way tonight lad - it's there for you... just keep the noise down and don't wake the dogs up - Cheers :D

i wanted to do that too! :)
then i decided, lee wouldnt want me to waste perfectly good beer, so i drank it myself.. he would offered the last beer anyway. at least, literally spoken.. ;););)

i already miss his posts. :(
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

My last outing with Lee...

Lee loved sushi and rounded up a busload of jumpers to go 25 miles to his favorite Japanese restaurant. We all piled in and rode off into the night with Lee in high gear keeping the bus in an uproar...a traveling party on wheels.

I just wanted to add something to the story real quick. Lee went around the dropzone inviting everyone he saw to go have sushi with him. A lot of the responses he got were along the lines of "thanks man, but I'm kinda broke right now", as you would expect on any dropzone. I heard at least 4 or 5 people say they couldn't afford to go and every single time Lee would just shrug and say "c'mon mate, I'll buy for you".

So generous, so caring, and so honest. There will never be another Lee and I miss him.

Dave

Did anyone notice the comments posted for this article???

Posted by: Liam Location: Fl
So is there some kinda of warning or announcement so people on the ground dont end up getting someones ashes on them? I researched and from what I gather you need a permit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by: Anonymous Yes, skydivers often have their ashes spread this way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by: Liam Location: Florida
Is that a legal way to get rid of a body?

Pink Mafia Sis #26

I think Liam may be closer than anyone thinks. No proof, just a hunch. He seems too eager to follow this one little snippet.
Permit? Come on. Why would he even ask that, and not just assume one was obtained should it be required in this higher-profile situation?
He's either a troll, and "old friend," a moron, or all three.
Roll Tide Roll