CSpenceFLY

Lee Gerrard (skinnyshrek)

I couldn't help myself. Here are the e-mails exchanged between myself and this so called "reporter"...

Subject: your article on Michael Lee Gerrard

Is grossly inaccurate.... his friends and family wish you would do a better job of getting the facts straight. Have you not read any of the other articles on this investigation? You wrote yours several days after the others and yet you have the least total information and the most incorrect information as well. Out of respect for Lee's family and friends, please do your homework before printing articles that barely have a speck of truth/accuracy to them.

Thank you.

HER REPLY:

If you know Mr. Gerrard, please feel free to give me a call.

Jennifer

Jennifer Jefferson
Staff Writer
Tallahassee Democrat
p (850) 599-2243
f (850) 599-2243
[email protected]

MY REPLY:
Lee was one of my friends and no I will not call you.

AND AGAIN, HER REPLY:

Nicole,

Please feel free to forward my contact information to the family and friends. We want correct information.

Jennifer

Jennifer Jefferson
Staff Writer
Tallahassee Democrat
p (850) 599-2243
f (850) 599-2243
[email protected]

Sure they do.... If they wanted the correct info, she would have put a little more leg work into her original article. She will get no info from me.
Next time a sunrise steals your breath or a meadow of flowers leaves you speechless, remain that way. Say nothing and listen as heaven whispers, "Do you like it? I did it just for you."

What was incorrect?

Not finding family members in Tally? I don't get it.

Searched the home? Maybe Hobbs really did say that, who knows?

Warrant was issued to search "A" home.

Very poorly written -
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

the parts that i deem to be inaccurate would be the parts that don't, at the very least, match the other stories. hell, she could have at least cross checked her info with the other reports that were already out. i worded my email to her the way i did so that she will MAYBE get off her butt and double check her info. lazy reporting was what i was getting at, but why make it easy for her to figure out... she should do her leg work and then report. what i find most irratating about her article is that she seemed to be pulling from thin air, so to speak, she heard something and wrote it without checking into the accuracy of the info. Maybe it's just me, maybe not, but that is the way her article read to me. I am certainly no authority in the world of journalism, but lazy is lazy... period. she would have caught her own mistakes if she had taken the time to at least read the previous news reports. kinda like an open book test... the answers are there, you just have to look.
Next time a sunrise steals your breath or a meadow of flowers leaves you speechless, remain that way. Say nothing and listen as heaven whispers, "Do you like it? I did it just for you."

That is a pretty shitty piece of journalism. I was going to send her an e-mail but then figured what's the point.

The point would be to correct any inaccurately reported information if, it is in fact inaccurate.

I was hoping Lee's killer/killers would have been arrested by now.

What I heard the 2nd day has not proved to be the case, nor what I heard the 5th day. It has now been well over a week into it.

There is an ongoing murder investigation. I want that person or persons found and brought to justice to stand trial.

If that can't be talked about here, where can it be talked about?

As I see it Lee traveled quite frequently between Georgia and Florida, used the computer often to communicate with people from all over the world.

Interested Law enforcement would include;

The Sheriff departments of 2 FL counties.
The FDLE, FDLE computer crimes division.
The FBI, due to the interstate nature of Lee's activities.
The Georgia State Police.

The point of my post, I want Lee's killer/or killers brought to justice.>:(

Bashing a junior student life reporter and threating people to come/or not come to the Farm does nothing to reflect positively of skydivers as a group.

Thank you for bumping this thread! Just a friendly reminder to SHOW up bring drinks and food! Lee's family will be arriving at the Farm tonight and very excited to meet everyone and share the stories. :)

Muff Brother # 3883, SCR # 14796 ICD # 1 - Pres.
Yeah, I noticed and I think it's funny!

http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071213/NEWS01/712130360/1010

same journalist, new article published this morning.

(i have no clue how to make clickys)

http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071213/NEWS01/712130360/1010

same journalist, new article published this morning.

(i have no clue how to make clickys)

Edited.

*to make a link, click the "URL" button below the window you type in, paste in the address, then click the "URL" button again.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

(Not responding to grannyinthesky, this is just the last post in the thread)

I deleted a distasteful post. A lot of posts went along with it because it was in the same string. There is nothing I can do about that, sometimes it happens. Most of you said nothing wrong, so please don't write a Mod asking why you got your post deleted.

Carry on and get wasted and have fun this weekend. You know Lee would expect nothing less from you. :)

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Your sweetness Hotness factor is overwhelming me.:)

Fixed . .

I got a call from Brandy right after that - she was just a little pissed - I said that they would fix it and put it back.:)
- thank you so much, Skymama - as the Family and friends in England are printing this out and plan on reading it and sharing all that's written.

:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Gerrard's wife, Brandy, wrote in an e-mail to the Tallahassee Democrat. "We are all here and grieving his loss every day. [B]Anyone who knew my husband loved him very much."[/B]

aint that the truth
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!