CSpenceFLY

Lee Gerrard (skinnyshrek)

a friend of mine and I went out for dinner tonight. Although my friend is not a skydiver, we did a toast to Skinny...

Blue skies dude... we miss ya.... [:/]:|[:/]

bubbles

"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

I'll ask the mods to make another sticky if they will - but we have set up a paypal account for the Parachutist article and all other expenses.

Go to Paypal and enter "[email protected]"

Thanks, all of you.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

was this somewhere he would normally frequent... hike?

Lee....Hike......are we talking about the same guy??

From the hangar to our campers is kind of like a hike... you have to cross a bridge and enter the woods!

just because it is only 150 ft tops doesn't make it any less of a hike! :ph34r:

Goudha is for Buddha, and that's good enough for me!

Yesterday, someone posted that they had arrested somebody?? :S

Here
is what I read not 2 hours ago - however, since then that has been changed/updated

If you read it carefully though they're contradicting themselves.

"We've got a few suspects without being specific. We are tracking some leads and hopefully we'll have some suspects come out of those leads, but we are actively pursing it right now."

Basically Turtle is right.... we'll just have to be patient and see. I've discovered that I'm not a very patient person. [:/]
Pink Mafia Sis #26

Last Christmas was spent with our Grandson (Turtle) and his daughter. Lee and Brandy had invited Turtle to visit and meet Lee's parents from England. It made no difference to Lee and Brandy that three more of us would be visiting.
What a great group of people. They made us feel as if we had known them for years.
When you have met Lee's parents you can see where his smile and love for life came from.
Brandy, our love goes out to you. I'm glad you have the Skydive family.
Lee's parents...our love to both of you. Our heart aches.
Marilyn and Larry

Turtle,

I am a big dumb dumb and don't know how to use that pay pal. Is there anywhere else to send funds? The Farm maybe?

Kathleen

I'm not crazy about paypal either but will use it if I have to. Hopefully there's somebody at The Farm that I can give my money to for this.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I just PM'ed Spence and he said that pay pal charges fees too. I am going to call Hans and see someone at the farm will organize a fund. If I hear anything I will post it.
Kathleen
PS I told Spence that when they catch this moron and he goes on trial that we all need to make a road trip to FL and pack out the court room for Brandy.

this has been the hardest thing my family will ever have to deal with for the rest of our lives! we will our son/brother forever!!
we would like to send our love & a very big THANKYOU to each n everyone of his friends you are all his 2nd family. your kind loving wonderful comments have helped us a great deal in this terrible tragedy.
Lee will live forever in our hearts we loved and adored him and know he felt the same! it helps to know he was loved by so many!
thankyou again & hope to meet those of you we havent already met as we give Lee the send off he deserves
God bless & much love to you all
skinnyshreks mum dad & sister
x

I just PM'ed Spence and he said that pay pal charges fees too. I am going to call Hans and see someone at the farm will organize a fund. If I hear anything I will post it.
Kathleen

I did suggest that the poker game we plan on having at The Farm this Saturday be a charity event with all proceeds going to Brandy, and anyone else not playing can contribute as well. Maybe some of that money, if designated specifically, can be used for the Parachutist memorial page.

PS I told Spence that when they catch this moron and he goes on trial that we all need to make a road trip to FL and pack out the court room for Brandy.

That would be awesome. I know it won't bring Lee back, but wouldn't it be a trip if we all gang-tackled that perp and beat the shit out of him? There wouldn't be enough bailiffs and cops to stop us all. :ph34r: But hey, I'm not saying do it. Just the thought of it would make me smile. He/they will get what they deserve from the justice system.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

We will be organizing a Fund at the Farm.

Yes, Paypal has some fees if you use Credit cards (anyone would as Credit cards companies charge 3% or more). Palpal Balances and Paypal echecks do not have fees.

Those that want to donate cash or checks, We can take them this weekend and will be added to the fund.

People that want to make a donation to the memorial page can do so this weekend. Also we will having a few fundraisers to help Brandy as well. Lee did not have life insurance.

Yes, Paypal has some fees if you use Credit cards (anyone would as Credit cards companies charge 3% or more). Palpal Balances and Paypal echecks do not have fees.

Those that want to donate cash or checks, We can take them this weekend and will be added to the fund.

People that want to make a donation to the memorial page can do so this weekend. Also we will having a few fundraisers to help Brandy as well. Lee did not have life insurance.

Is paypal gonna be up for those that aren't Farm Locals???? I'd like to contribute...

bubz
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

Is paypal gonna be up for those that aren't Farm Locals???? I'd like to contribute...

bubz

See post #228, by turtlespeed. I think that's the one.

Lee would be proud of what you guys are doing.

To contribute, or help others when you are wealthy and doing fine, is admirable, but to do so when you have to do without for yourself, is truly worthy of being called GREAT/Unselfish.

It's just like when you are eating, and don't have much money, but offer half of what is on your plate because someone is too proud to say they are starving, and have no money.[:/]

Lee would be proud of what you guys are doing.

To contribute, or help others when you are wealthy and doing fine, is admirable, but to do so when you have to do without for yourself, is truly worthy of being called GREAT/Unselfish.

It's just like when you are eating, and don't have much money, but offer half of what is on your plate because someone is too proud to say they are starving, and have no money.[:/]

Sounds like shrek himself. He'd give the shirt off his back to help someone in need. If we all could emulate that, the world would be an awesome place. :)

Can I ask a favor of everyone? Please stop making comments about causing harm to the person responsible for this. They absolutely deserve to be caught, prosecuted, and punished, but when you talk about taking it upon yourselves, it just continues the cycle of violence and hate. I can't help but think that they have a family and friends who would be just as hurt as we are. Its not our responsibility. Retribution is just as bad as the original act.
I'm not going to lecture any more or ask you to agree, but please, as a personal favor, it hurts me to read those comments.

Can I ask a favor of everyone? Please stop making comments about causing harm to the person responsible for this. They absolutely deserve to be caught, prosecuted, and punished, but when you talk about taking it upon yourselves, it just continues the cycle of violence and hate. I can't help but think that they have a family and friends who would be just as hurt as we are. Its not our responsibility. Retribution is just as bad as the original act.
I'm not going to lecture any more or ask you to agree, but please, as a personal favor, it hurts me to read those comments.

Beautifully said and I agree 100%. It hurts me, too.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Heres some pictures of Lee and others from the farm that I have, Bob took these and I bought them but I am not positive if I am allowed to post them as he has copyright, if they need to be removed I understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lisamariewillbe/712605472/?edited=1

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lisamariewillbe/711730169/?edited=1
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

Beautifully said and I agree 100%. It hurts me, too.

I kinda figured some people would say this, and I understand. That's why I added that I wouldn't act on those violent comments. Still, it wasn't the appropriate thread to post them. Sorry... [:/]