xtravrtsoul

Who rides motorcycles and what is your ride?

Totally true. I ride because I love to ride. I greet all bikers with the same enthusiasm. It's just a shame that SB guys (at least here in the US), act like they do toward cruisers.

There, I fixed it for you.

Moral of the story is that there are assholes in each group of riders.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Pics when done????

Not done, but the picture is there now!

That is going to BA when it is done. NICE work. :) Can't wait to see the finished product.

THANKS! There will be very few like it. Truthfully, it's an amateur job, but it's not bad considering the whole thing was done in my garage.

I'm thinking I'm going to ride it for 2-3 months and sell it to buy a modern bike. The short list is:

Suzuki SV-650S ABS
BMW F-800 ST
Triumph Daytona 675
Harley Davidson XR-1200

Well I am here to tell you the SV650s is a fun ass bike and I have seen a lot lately on them. They are track made and their manueverability is great. Mine does not have the ABS. That does not bother me. As long as you know how to break without leaving rubber. But it is fun.
I want a BMW1300 dual sport to add to our collection.
You create life, life does not create you.

Totally true. I ride because I love to ride. I greet all bikers with the same enthusiasm. It's just a shame that SB guys (at least here in the US), act like they do toward cruisers.

QFT DaveB|

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Touché Dave......

Mine (but I'm not the rider in either pic - loaned them to some jump-buddies from NZ last winter in Eloy).

1996 custom (I built it) old-school hardtail HD, and,

2002 HD V-Rod (ser# ****0011 - and first one in Canada)

Oddly, they both seem to spend a bit of time every winter inside the Bent Prop at Skydive AZ.

John

'03 GSXR 1000
http://policelink.monster.com/nfs/policelink/photos/0217/8319/IMAGE_023_max600.jpg?1254742033

'01 GSXR 750 Track Bike/Raced CCS for 3 and 1/2 seasons:P

http://policelink.monster.com/nfs/policelink/photos/0217/5779/50_2H__A347_max600.jpg?1254742037

'01 RC51

And my favorite one:
http://policelink.monster.com/nfs/policelink/photos/0217/8327/racer1e_max600.jpg?1254742034

Been riding for 10 years now. It was my first passion before I ran into skydiving! Damn, there goes that "F" word again... I have to stop saying that!

~Migs~

On Facebook

Very nice!

Ride safe, or at least pass on hills and curves.!

People that is not an attack, it is a way of saying farewell.

You stand on your front porch and wave as you yell, Drive fast!, pass on hills and curves!

I had an f4 and then an r6. I have none now. :(

The R6 was one of the finest, well balananced bikes that I have ever owned (so, I have owned 2 to date).
It doesn't have the SOUL of a V-Twin (I've owned loads of these.. Ducatis x2, Moto Guzzis x1 and HDs x2)... but it is light, flickable and technically sortedB|B| ... and most importantly ... made me smile every time that I went out on one.:)

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Took the MSF course last year. Own a Vespa (not a motorcycle, but, hey, it has two wheels and is freeway legal), and borrow my dad's Suzuki Boulevard every so often, which isn't often enough in my opinion. Unless it is raining or I have to carry a lot of stuff or a passenger, I generally pretend that I don't own a car and take the scooter everywhere.

Eventually, I will have my own motorcycle. Currently have my eye on the HD Sportster 883, but haven't had a chance to ride one yet, so I'm not sure what I will end up with when I do have the cash to buy. In the meantime, the Vespa is getting about 70 MPG and is almost paid for, so I can't really complain.

I got this about a month ago.

05 Katana 600.

I've been riding for 20+ years, but this is my first sport bike.

haha dont you mean can-o-tuna. that is barley considered a sport bike!!

So what do you ride?

And yes it's a "sport-tourer" which is a nice step from a cruiser. I want to have fun, not kill myself.

And it's "barely" not "barley".

Barley is what they make beer from.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Mine (but I'm not the rider in either pic - loaned them to some jump-buddies from NZ last winter in Eloy).

1996 custom (I built it) old-school hardtail HD, and,

2002 HD V-Rod (ser# ****0011 - and first one in Canada)

Oddly, they both seem to spend a bit of time every winter inside the Bent Prop at Skydive AZ.

John

Soweeet.....I love the paint, and seem to remember seeing it at the bent prop during nationals....

I ride a SV650S and it is fantastic. Been riding for 4 years now and I love it. It is my baby. :) Hoping for some track days next summer. Woot!

(if this has been posted before, sorry did not find anything)

Fazer 600 - and ride pretty much every day - don't have a pic of my bike but this is pretty much identical.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Back in 73 or 74...in St Louis...on my 305 I'd built using a harley frame...I built this bike while on the road with a carnival in the back of the generator wagon...(I was 16)

Part of why I am one of those Harley riders that never slams Jap bikes, Unless it is a Joke...