xtravrtsoul

Who rides motorcycles and what is your ride?

Current bike is a 2004 Honda CBR1000rr

-Stock Exhaust (removed the Yosh pipe, it was cool and all but just too loud)
-Heli Bars (1 3/4 inch higher and 1 inch back)
-Steel braided front brake lines
-Ohlins rear shock sprung to my weight.
-Gilles Chain Adjuster <=== that makes it SOOO easy.
-Zero Gravity Touring wind screen It's tinted. The funny thing about it is there is a Concord cop that will ticket people for tinted motorcycle wind screens. They could be blacked out completely and work just as well as clear.
- Heated Grips <== yes !!! You just can't beat having heated grips.

All I need to do is spring and re-valve the front and I'll have a bike all set up for my weight. Chances are though that I'll just ride it till I sell it.

It's excellent for riding 2 up. (to non-riders, that means taking a passenger). If the passenger is spirited, it handles just awesome in the twisties.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Current bike is a 2004 Honda CBR1000rr

-Stock Exhaust (removed the Yosh pipe, it was cool and all but just too loud)
-Heli Bars (1 3/4 inch higher and 1 inch back)
-Steel braided front brake lines
-Ohlins rear shock sprung to my weight.
-Gilles Chain Adjuster -Zero Gravity Touring wind screen It's tinted. The funny thing about it is there is a Concord cop that will ticket people for tinted motorcycle wind screens. They could be blacked out completely and work just as well as clear.
- Heated Grips
All I need to do is spring and re-valve the front and I'll have a bike all set up for my weight. Chances are though that I'll just ride it till I sell it.

It's excellent for riding 2 up. (to non-riders, that means taking a passenger). If the passenger is spirited, it handles just awesome in the twisties.

Your weight?

heavy or light?

My rides are all hardtails...so kind hard to adjust those!:D

yeah a little tougher to adjust more than the tire pressure :D

BTW, I really like your collection.. I'm not really a Harley fan but I'm not NOT a Harley fan, if that makes sense :)

I'm 150 plus gear so the fronts are actually sprung fairly close. Phil Douglass has his own patent pending valving he uses that is quite good so it wouldn't hurt to hand him the fork tubes and get them serviced.

The only reason I changed the rear is because the deal I got on a brand new correctly sprung shock that's just so easy to adjust. The ride height is also adjustable and preload is a hand dial.

The bike comes stock with a 190/50/17 on the rear so it's nice to lower the rear a little since I run a 190/55/17

My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Remember I mentioned I still have them Honda's from years ago?........

here is my wifes, Frame streached four inches up, One full foot back! (My son playing on it)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/onekick/apes/halloween2006002.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/onekick/apes/halloween2006006.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/onekick/apes/halloween2006008.jpg

That was back when Easyrider had good shit in it and not $100k billet trailer queen bikes. I hate that crap.

At least the Horse still puts some decent bikes in the mag, but they're starting to put more high end professional built stuff in there too. I like the home built bike built by a guy with a passion!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Isn't that the knuckle charging system?
Field coils on the generator case with 3 brushes, the third brush being the voltage regulator - just move the brush closer to the end of the generator to increase the voltage.
This is the main reason the knuckle could be a bitch to kick. The wasted spark from a true coil system fixed that bit.

I still haven't gotten my confirmation email from the chick forum...[:/] I can;t post a link at Neds till I have actually been there myself!

Did you check out Neds?

Sorry not yet. I will check it out this weekend when I have more time, at work right now.

I show you joined have you tried to post??
You create life, life does not create you.

Good stuff! My dad owns a xb12S, I was riding it when a car hit me and "totaled" it. We are starting to fix it back up, hopefully it will be going in the near future. His bike has the xb12r computer and exhaust, which eliminates the exhaust valve. The result is a MUCH more linear power band, one that you can ride in the twisties much easier. Check it out!

well my ride is a quad or 4wheeler, I have 2, a honda 400ex which I love and a yamaha 450, faster but not as stable or lug as well through the mud and deep trenches ... on a flat out it will kick my 400 by 3rd gear, but I love my all around tough guy I can wheelie and push through all the tough spots :P

(I.C.D#2 VP)
""I'm good with my purple penis straw" ~sky mama

Cocheese: Ummm stop mule stop.
TW200: What now Romeo?

Cocheese: Daa gaa gaaummm Did you see that woman on the 4 wheeler....doing wheelies?
TW200: No, but what are we waiting for? Let's go say hello.

Cocheese: But you said "no 4 wheeler babes".
TW200: Dude, just go. She only uses two of them.:$

Isn't that the knuckle charging system?
Field coils on the generator case with 3 brushes, the third brush being the voltage regulator - just move the brush closer to the end of the generator to increase the voltage.
This is the main reason the knuckle could be a bitch to kick. The wasted spark from a true coil system fixed that bit.

I built it using a 1974 left case, (altenator) and rigth side knucklehead case, the electrics are Altinator, and I hid the ignition coil inside the generator housing, that is why Coil wires coming out of the generator, not to mention, I built these cases for under 300 dollars, only a minor amount of machining to match the late case to the early one..No numbers on either side...

I was just sitting in my shop one day looking at parts acumulated, and realised , I had enough to build another knucklehead! (I have enough now for probably two more)

I still haven't gotten my confirmation email from the chick forum...[:/] I can;t post a link at Neds till I have actually been there myself!

Did you check out Neds?

Sorry not yet. I will check it out this weekend when I have more time, at work right now.

I show you joined have you tried to post??

Not since filling otu the Join page...I'll give it another shot!