JohnDeere

Boy's or Girl's?

So what's your opinion? Who is harder to raise? Boy's or girl's? I have 3 daughters, and I believe girl's are harder (not just to understand but to raise also:P). My wife thinks boys are harder but we have no boys. But she was very close and helped raise her nephew, so she maybe right.
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

i raised one of each (and two sons of my wife's), and they all had their moments. depends more on the individual temperment of the kids than their sex. the environment may also make a difference. an only daughter with several brothers (or the opposite situation) may get more attention which will change their expectations and therefore the relative difficulty in dealing with them. throw in 'middle child' or 'baby of the family' or 'the oldest' and that affects things too.

i voted for the last choice. i love my kids to death, but i'm glad they're all out of the house now. i can't imagine having young kids now, and seeing the issues people my age are having with their young'uns makes me glad i did it when i was young. but that's a whole other poll!
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

Thanks for the insight. I'll be looking forward to my freedom again some day:ph34r:

To MarkM Thats is my biggest fear! My oldest girl is 12 and its already starting.[:/]A sew more years and I may run away:S:D

Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

My guess would be, girls are easier up until they hit their teens. Then they're absolute nightmares and boys are much more mellowed out.

As the father of 3 girls and one boy, I think your generalization is a good one, but it ultimately depends on the individual child. And sometimes the quietest ones are the most trouble. :S Still waters run deep.:D

I think either have their ups and downs. I am raising a boy but have had a lot of interaction with my niece and friends daughters over the yrs. I have to say girls are harder. They demand so much more everything from attention to making the littlest thing a long drawn out drama. Where as boys just pout and stomp their feet. The only problem with boys is they eat non stop. In the last month my groc bill has doubled. The 8yr old eats every 30 minutes to hr. He is so little that I dont want to tell him he cant have a snack but gesh, I had to enforce a cut off time at night for snacks. He can eat all his dinner with 2nds and then 30-40 minutes later he wants a sammich. I have to shop weekly now and not bi-weekly.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

I know the "common wisdom" is that boys are tougher to raise than girls, but I think that only applies to pre-teens. The anecdotal evidence I've seen, heard and experienced over 50 years makes me think that it's about even re: teens. I've seen some teen girls who were horror stories to raise, and some teen boys who weren't all that troublesome to raise. I think boys tend to do physically dangerous and criminal things more often than girls; only girls, of course, can get pregnant; and the drug & alcohol usage I've seen has tended to fall pretty evenly between boys & girls.

Like a lady once told me about this exact subject, "With a boy, you only have to worry about one dick!":D:D

If you only have girls, you know for sure when you don't have any grandchildren. But if you have any sons, the best you can say is that you have no grandchildren that you know of.

I think either have their ups and downs. I am raising a boy but have had a lot of interaction with my niece and friends daughters over the yrs. I have to say girls are harder. They demand so much more everything from attention to making the littlest thing a long drawn out drama. Where as boys just pout and stomp their feet. The only problem with boys is they eat non stop. In the last month my groc bill has doubled. The 8yr old eats every 30 minutes to hr. He is so little that I dont want to tell him he cant have a snack but gesh, I had to enforce a cut off time at night for snacks. He can eat all his dinner with 2nds and then 30-40 minutes later he wants a sammich. I have to shop weekly now and not bi-weekly.

So far I'm on the only one who has answered "Don't know I only have boy's." I have three boys and the older two (7 & 9) are getting that way with food. They'll have two plates at dinner and then graze for the next three hours on whatever they can get thier hands on like crazed zobmies after human flexh. The attempted grazing starts about 2 minutes after they get home from school and a full onslaught about 10 minutes after dinner is done.

I read somewhere that during their teen years their daily caloric requirements can exceed the norm by two or three times. Can't wait for that...We're already shopping 2x a week to fuel their little furnaces.
Andy
I'll believe it when I see it on YouTube!

I'm one of three boys, my mom always wanted a girl....the Dude thought it would be funny and gave her three boys.
But she's happy with us, we lift heavy things, we mow the lawn, shovel the snow, didn't complain too much about the clothes we had or didn't have.......in effect I think we guys are kind of like cattle. Feed us and let us run around and we'll be fine. Sure we may kick the crap out of each other and one of us may crash his car into the house one day or jump out of an airplane but for the most part we were easy according to my mom.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

I have a boy but I can say I am lucky to have a boy. I would not want to have a girl because the poor thing would be locked up in her teen years. Too many crazy things can happen. But boys are hard in their own way. Mine is easy but stressful.
You create life, life does not create you.

I am one of 3 boys and my mom also desperatly wanted a girl, so we call my youngest brother (20) the girl hahaha. I have heard my parents comment many times that boys are easier to raise but who knows depends on the kid.

My father still says he should have left me on the bathroom wall :D:D

Travis Roy Foundation. At very least its a tax write off

My guess would be, girls are easier up until they hit their teens. Then they're absolute nightmares and boys are much more mellowed out.

You know the saying. With a son, you only have to worry about his penis. With a daughter, you have to worry about all the penises around her! :S:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I read somewhere that during their teen years their daily caloric requirements can exceed the norm by two or three times. Can't wait for that...We're already shopping 2x a week to fuel their little furnaces.

We used to feed 4 teenagers on less than $400/month. B| Buy cheap, buy in bulk, and teach 'em to cook.

Good food does not cost much really, if you are willing to actually cook from scratch.

There is really no food that is so hard to make that you need to buy it already made.

If someone was never taught how to cook then everything is hard to make. ;)
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly