klafollette

Hillary Swank a skydiver???

Scenario:
Hilary swank goes to a DZ before she was famous (karate kid 3) She's in a tail loader.
There's few big ways out before her.
Due to CG she stays up "by the cockpit" until they all leave.

The plane wobbles a little bit while the pilots maintain control after dropping a few thousand pounds.

She and her TI/TM move hurriedly to poistion at the door.

Of course, it would feel like she was running.

A tandem student does jump with all they got. She didnt say it was a stable exit or even a good one. she said she ran from the cockpit area to the back and jumped out.

While I do agree with you that when you hear some dipshit at the bar telling their story that is full of shit and flies it is annoying.

But, in this case I think its just a novice jumper trying to explian the feeling of her first skydive.

That fact that she says she "DOES" it for fun just means that she wants to return to the sky. She hasn't closed the door on the sport yet...her hubby has.

I would say that I bungy jump even though I havent done it in a few years. I would do it again when the opportunity presents itself. (though I would say it just like I did. Which may give a better timeline of my proficiency. You can't balme her for talking in present tense.)
My photos

My Videos

Scenario:
Hilary swank goes to a DZ before she was famous (karate kid 3) She's in a tail loader.
There's few big ways out before her.
Due to CG she stays up "by the cockpit" until they all leave.

The plane wobbles a little bit while the pilots maintain control after dropping a few thousand pounds.

She and her TI/TM move hurriedly to poistion at the door.

Of course, it would feel like she was running.

A tandem student does jump with all they got. She didnt say it was a stable exit or even a good one. she said she ran from the cockpit area to the back and jumped out.

While I do agree with you that when you hear some dipshit at the bar telling their story that is full of shit and flies it is annoying.

But, in this case I think its just a novice jumper trying to explian the feeling of her first skydive.

That fact that she says she "DOES" it for fun just means that she wants to return to the sky. She hasn't closed the door on the sport yet...her hubby has.

I would say that I bungy jump even though I havent done it in a few years. I would do it again when the opportunity presents itself. (though I would say it just like I did. Which may give a better timeline of my proficiency. You can't balme her for talking in present tense.)

Maybe the pilot was trying to grope her and give her more altitude!
That would make you ruin - i've seen the pilots that fly those planes . . .
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Dude.. hubby was Chad Lowe.... nuff said. At least that is over for her. Maybe she can get her knees back in the breeze one of these days.

I would say that I bungy jump even though I havent done it in a few years. I would do it again when the opportunity presents itself.

I bungied 3 times, and tell people "I've bungy jumped before." Kind of like I've done it, but not all the time. (I do have the lifetime pass at Nanaimo, BC to go anytime I want for $25 CanadianB|)

I guess it's cool that our sport can be one of the pinnacle experiences in people's lives, so much that doing it once or twice makes them want to identify with it forever. The people who have jumped, even once, are still way outnumbered by the people who will never do it.

Honestly who cares, I am a very low jumper almost through AFF and a huge advocate for the sport. My experiences (in 6 jumps) give me loads to talk about to anyone who will listen. If Hillary did a tandem or aff or static who cares, she is hugely popular and that will hopefully be great publicity for the sport. When you or I (normal folks;)) may be able to get a handful of people interested in the sport in our lives, she just let millions hear the great experience she had in one conversation.

IMO anyway

Travis Roy Foundation. At very least its a tax write off

True. and we all know that people listen more intensely to a hot chick than to some hairy middle-aged man.

It's nothing but good for the sport if anyone tells about a good experience. It's even better if she happens to be hot.:D

My photos

My Videos

One of our hardcore competitors here in SA jumped right up until her due date, i don't remember the exact time frame but when the kid was born he had more jumps than a lot of the people on our DZ :D

I bet the rest of the teams backs were sore from weighting up THAT much ;)

One of our hardcore competitors here in SA jumped right up until her due date, i don't remember the exact time frame but when the kid was born he had more jumps than a lot of the people on our DZ :D

I bet the rest of the teams backs were sore from weighting up THAT much ;)

OTOH maybe the mom to be just didn't have to add lead to keep up with her team mates due to baby on board:ph34r:
One Jump Wonder