cocheese

Let's hear your long distance love story

Kate, nerdgirl - I feel your pain.

Her: China, working for the Kiwis
Me: The States

We met in China in 2006, have lived/worked in London, to China, and a few other places in between, each working for seperate governments. We talk over the phone on a daily basis and try to rotate vacations every 6 weeks. It's been bumpy, but not much longer to go till we're together for good!

Whataever!!! Just because I haven't filled out my profile and just registered you assume I'm that asshat!!! Man I would almost consider that a personal attack Mark.

Must be because I'm being soooooo cryptic with my username!!!!
There are no pessimists in skydiving.

My Advice: It's worth what you pay for it, and I'm an expert at it.

Whataever!!! Just because I haven't filled out my profile and just registered you assume I'm that asshat!!! Man I would almost consider that a personal attack Dave.

Must be because I'm being soooooo cryptic with my username!!!!

John? Is that you? ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

It's not long-distance anymore. :)

What she said. I've been in a couple that didn't work, but my relationship with Muttley started with a 340 mile separation that included two mountain passes. We (mostly me, but sometimes her) made that drive almost every weekend during our first winter. The following summer she moved from her very cool area to my not so cool area, and we're now in our 4th year together. B|(And just moved into our 3rd home in that span :D).

Blues,
Dave

What happened, the first two get towed away? :P

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

ME (Canadian): travelling around Europe.
HIM (British): travelling around Europe.

We met in Empuria; met again at Lapalisse (European FF Convention), and then we hit Amsterdam, Paris, London..

He came to visit me in Canada the next month and two months after that I moved in with him in London - we couldn't stand to be apart!

Very, VERY romantic, and although we split up like 4 years later I'd do it all over again.
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Here's one for you:

Currently seeing a guy that's 3 hours away, but its not a big deal bc I drive that way to jump every weekend anyways...

Well, I let him know that in a year, I'll be transferring schools and that the closest I can possibly be is 6 hours away, and that is only IF I get into my first choice school. If not, the drive will be a hell of a lot longer.

His response: "Well you're the one that will be doing the driving."

:S

Here's one for you:

Currently seeing a guy that's 3 hours away, but its not a big deal bc I drive that way to jump every weekend anyways...

Well, I let him know that in a year, I'll be transferring schools and that the closest I can possibly be is 6 hours away, and that is only IF I get into my first choice school. If not, the drive will be a hell of a lot longer.

Your response should be "Well not in your direction."

:ph34r:

Your response should be "Well not in your direction."

:ph34r:
Absolutely that dude has to go:ph34r::ph34r: he's screwing around on her anyways:ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

He is from Wyoming. I am from New Jersey. We made mutual jumping friends while he was at West Point. Met in Zhills at the New Year's Boogie, while he was living in GA. Soon after, he moved to Texas. I remain in NJ. He's now in Baghdad. Nearly 2 years later...

:)
I hope he doesn't log on and see this :$

He is from Wyoming. I am from New Jersey. We made mutual jumping friends while he was at West Point. Met in Zhills at the New Year's Boogie, while he was living in GA. Soon after, he moved to Texas. I remain in NJ. He's now in Baghdad. Nearly 2 years later...

Hmmm Clay went to West Point?:o:D:D:D:D:P

ME (Canadian): travelling around Europe.
HIM (British): travelling around Europe.

We met in Empuria; met again at Lapalisse (European FF Convention), and then we hit Amsterdam, Paris, London..

He came to visit me in Canada the next month and two months after that I moved in with him in London - we couldn't stand to be apart!

Very, VERY romantic, and although we split up like 4 years later I'd do it all over again.

Hey Nat... since you are in London I had assumed you have the Brittish accent... but not the case since you are from Canada?
Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I

W/r/t my experience – as it sounds like Kate’s experience turned out fabulously! – it was damned painful for a short while. And there was the poor guy, for whom even at the time I felt sympathy, who was stuck sitting next to me on the flight back from Oslo that I cried the entire way. I kept apologizing to him for crying. I’m sure there’s a post on some internet site by that guy somewhere about the ‘trans-Atlantic flight that he had to sit next to the girl who wouldn't stop crying.’ The flight attendant finally just brought me a box of Kleenex ... and another beer. I can laugh at it ... now.

We both recognized at some level, even through the painful parts, that we’re two really good humans … just not necessarily good together as a couple. Frankly the distance can make it harder, but it also can (doesn't always tho') prompt one, imo, to communicate and to really figure out what really matters and why rather than just relying on ease of familiarity and proximity. Hopefully your long-distance relationship will have the ending that you want. :)
/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

I'll be at The Hague next week

Enjoy my old stomping grounds. I am taking my kids there next year to show them where Daddy grew up, went to school, college etc.

Ohh, if you see my mom, say Hi lol

I'll only be there for about 48hrs - flying over to give a brief then back to ATL. Was there in June for a longer time a few years ago & it was lovely.

/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

I'll only be there for about 48hrs - flying over to give a brief then back to ATL. Was there in June for a longer time a few years ago & it was lovely.

There is something unique about The Hague that (to my knowledge) isn't replicated anywhere else in the world.

Wonder if anybody knows this little bit of trivia?

Hmmm Clay went to West Point?:o:D:D:D:D:P

Clay's from Montana, and he appeared much earlier in this thread. :P:D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

W/r/t my experience – as it sounds like Kate’s experience turned out fabulously! – it was damned painful for a short while. And there was the poor guy, for whom even at the time I felt sympathy, who was stuck sitting next to me on the flight back from Oslo that I cried the entire way. I kept apologizing to him for crying. I’m sure there’s a post on some internet site by that guy somewhere about the ‘trans-Atlantic flight that he had to sit next to the girl who wouldn't stop crying.’ The flight attendant finally just brought me a box of Kleenex ... and another beer. I can laugh at it ... now.

We both recognized at some level, even through the painful parts, that we’re two really good humans … just not necessarily good together as a couple. Frankly the distance can make it harder, but it also can (doesn't always tho') prompt one, imo, to communicate and to really figure out what really matters and why rather than just relying on ease of familiarity and proximity. Hopefully your long-distance relationship will have the ending that you want. :)
/Marg

now, that part's REALLY sad.. :|[:/]:(
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Here's one for you:

Hmm.. Because he's of the male persuasion, you have to at least consider the possibility that he was genuinely gutted & made that comment to "lighten" up the mood (or to avoid crying in front of you).. I'm just sayin'.. Men are funny creatures.. :S[:/]
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Hmm.. Because he's of the male persuasion, you have to at least consider the possibility that he was genuinely gutted & made that comment to "lighten" up the mood (or to avoid crying in front of you).. I'm just sayin'.. Men are funny creatures.. :S[:/]

I like that thought a lot more, but I certainly dont want to get my hopes up.