cocheese

Let's hear your long distance love story

First an only real love...i mean the fairy-tale kind of love where everything about them is perfect, even their imperfections, where anything that you do is perfect, where you can spend 24 hours together or a few days every few months, and you'll still love each other.

That was 10 years ago. She was in the US for 6 months, visiting her sister. Left to go back to Morocco. She's still there...and I'm still here. In the Freudian sense, I still haven't gotten over her. [:/]

Peter, it is not like you cannot afford a plane ticket or two.

If she is not married or attached permanently if you showed up she would feel like a fairy tale princess or at least you would know that it would not work.

Man up.

So what the hell are you going to do about it?

First an only real love...i mean the fairy-tale kind of love where everything about them is perfect, even their imperfections, where anything that you do is perfect, where you can spend 24 hours together or a few days every few months, and you'll still love each other.

That was 10 years ago. She was in the US for 6 months, visiting her sister. Left to go back to Morocco. She's still there...and I'm still here. In the Freudian sense, I still haven't gotten over her. [:/]

Peter, it is not like you cannot afford a plane ticket or two.

If she is not married or attached permanently if you showed up she would feel like a fairy tale princess or at least you would know that it would not work.

Man up.

So what the hell are you going to do about it?

Wrong name :P You must think I'm someone else.

Besides, I'm Jewish, she's Muslim. I have no problem with religion, but she asked me to convert to Islam. That I will not do for obvious reasons...

It's not long-distance anymore. :)

What she said. I've been in a couple that didn't work, but my relationship with Muttley started with a 340 mile separation that included two mountain passes. We (mostly me, but sometimes her) made that drive almost every weekend during our first winter. The following summer she moved from her very cool area to my not so cool area, and we're now in our 4th year together. B| (And just moved into our 3rd home in that span :D).

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Short and simple version:
Boy meets girl, they fuck, several months later boy get's really tired that it's always he who has to drive 4 hours one way to meet during the week ends so boy decides to end the relationship.... The end!!!

DING ! :ph34r:

g

I wouldn't drive 4 hours for the best sex in the world. That's just me. :P

So California is out of the question then?
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:I'm gonna say yup.

But you could fly from NJ to CA in 4 hours. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Yeah, but I'm not fighting the security line at PHL for some ass. Call me crazy. :P
Always be kinder than you feel.

Trans-Atlantic, July 2002 - early 2006. Me in Illinois, California, and DC. Him in Oslo. We met at a 10-day workshop on technical arms control issues. He ended up extending his stay in the US by a month. And it actually worked really, really well. It took effort, but he was very much worth it. Split up for lots of reasons - changing feelings and different directions & desires for the future - he wanted me to move to Oslo and live with him.

We're still very good friends. I'll be at The Hague next week, and he's coming over from Brussels for dinner. (Really, just dinner.) He jokes that in 40 years he's going to buy me a cabin adjacent to his north of Sognefjord so that we can retire and write together ... and argue about policy/politics. :D

/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

Nope, 6 one way, 8 hours the other.

Nope, 6 one way, 8 hours the other.

Oh. I figured it was about 4... oh wait, that's the air time from Atlanta to LAX.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

What if he was Andy Garcia? :)

His hot ass can come to me. ;)

Now the so-called cougar expects dinner to be brought up by room service.:S
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.