bigway

'V' The TV Series.

Am I the only one who remembers the original version? It sucked then and it sucks now, only in HD and with cgi effects. No matter how much sugar you put on a turd, it's still a turd.

Lou I have to disagree..... but I was a young kid which is why I thought it was cool so if you are older than me I can see it being stupid to you. To me it is nostalgic and as a kid I thought it was a cool show. I even had to have the "Laser Tag" gun because it looked like the laser guns on "V". Then again the "Photon" guns (laser tag rip offs) sucked so there was no real reason to buy those anyway.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

Any good?

It had moments, but overall I'd say it moved WAY too fast for the first episode.
I think they may have assumed that everyone watched the replay of the old series on SciFI. If that was the case they can just "force the entry" and pick up on the story.

There were numerous logic problems. For instance, how exactly did "mom" find "motorcycle boy" in the middle of the city while cell phone service is inoperative and the biggest panic attack since 9/11?
Sometimes you just gotta say "Quade, It's just a movie:D.
I don't actually remember the part you are talking about.

If the "V" are here for water, then why park their ships over cities rather than, i don't know, maybe that 3/5th of the surface of the planet covered by WATER?

It's easier to scoop up a food that isn't hiding.
If they present themselves as friends and ask for our help people would be less threatened and more curious. Ever see a curious prey? It doesn't stay curious for long. It'll shortly become dinner.

How did the "resistance" figure out the reptilian nature of the "V"? Oh sure, "Mr. Exposition" comes on screen and and explains in great detail for five minutes what's going on, but how did he figure that out? BTW, thanks for saving the production company from having to show us anything actually cool by just freekin' talking about it.

Yea, apparently they've been here for years. as with every sci fi story. There's ALWAYs some sort of (little) known history of the enemy by a very small group of people who seemed like lunatics until the enemy is revealed.

Show #1 sould have been all about the "wonder" of "V" showing up with just a hint of a subtext of evil lurking behind the scenes. Instead, what we got was it all laid out for us with virtually no mystery left to tune in for.

Again, I think they expected everyone to watch the reruns of the original episode to give the back story.

Scott,
I remember very little about the original series. I remember they were lizards but that was about it.
I was a fan of the 4400. I think this may have a sliver of the appeal that that show had.
the lead lizard IS hot though.
My photos

My Videos

Understand, I've invested quite a bit of time, money and energy in my career and academics studying, critiquing and creating entertainment. To me, almost everything that appears on TV or a big screen is far more than "just a movie". I have a certain respect for everything, including this piece of programming. This one program is a little part of an industry that just by itself still employs literally hundreds of people, including myself (not yet but at some point no doubt since it's on ABC). I never -want- a product to be bad. I want all of them to be awesome, but of course, that's simply impossible.

. . . the lead lizard IS hot though.

OMG yes.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Understand, I've invested quite a bit of time, money and energy in my career and academics studying, critiquing and creating entertainment. To me, almost everything that appears on TV or a big screen is far more than "just a movie". I have a certain respect for everything, including this piece of programming. This one program is a little part of an industry that just by itself still employs literally hundreds of people, including myself (not yet but at some point no doubt since it's on ABC). I never -want- a product to be bad. I want all of them to be awesome, but of course, that's simply impossible.

. . . the lead lizard IS hot though.

OMG yes.

And you are the reason I post about TV Shows and movies on this website. I do not have the involvement you do but I like to look deeper into the shows and films. Your opinion is highly respected, even if I disagree.

Personally, I think this show is for 4400 fans. I think it has a higher production value in it as well which should make it good. I also like how they skipped all the get to know the aliens and move into a more american terorism post 9/11 sort of story.

I hop it gets better as it could be great, but dont think it will. There are not too many Sci-Fi tv shows in the past decade, I hope to see one merge through.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store