JohnDeere

Fort Hood! Breaking news

Theres not much any force protection could have done really...:| I'm sure if they weren't doing a good job, many more people would have killed/injured.
A large base like that with 3 assaulter (that are likely highly trained) could have done MUCH more damage [:/]

"Damn you Gravity, you win again"

I have several friends there. Waiting to hear more details is torture.

Thats why i thought twice before posting but i know are several jumpers down there, that alot of you may know.
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

About 25 years ago, there was that mass murder in Killeen at, I think, the Luby's cafeteria.

I really hope this is nowhere near that bad.

12 dead ~ 31 wounded.

Shooter was killed, reported on the news to be an Army Major 'with an Arabic sounding name'.

Two other suspects in custody, also military personnel.

One of the killed was reported to be a civilian police officer, two handguns recovered at the scene.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Random crazy violence is rarely a group effort, almost always a solo crime.

This sounds like an organized attack on our military by people within. I wonder who else may be out there planning something along these lines. I wish the victims had been armed and able to defend themselves.[:/] My deepest condolences to the victims' families and friends.

This sucks. Let's keep their families in our thoughts and prayers, and keep this thread for updates and support for each other.

If anyone wants to talk about race/religion/gun/political issues, please do so in the thread in Speaker's Corner.

Apparently it seems that this shooter did not support the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and argued with others who did. He got a poor performance evaluation at Walter Reed. He was also about to be shipped to Afghanistan.

I think that's why he went berserk. :S

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

In honor of those who lost their lives, the President has ordered the National Ensign to be flown at half staff through Veterans Day.

I just got in from lowering ours :(

RIP my friends.

"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" ~Samuel Clemens

MB#4300
Dudeist Skydiver #68

Apparently it seems that this shooter did not support the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and argued with others who did. He got a poor performance evaluation at Walter Reed. He was also about to be shipped to Afghanistan.

I think that's why he went berserk. :S

Aren't there easier ways of getting out of going to Afghanistan? Sure, none of them are in any way honorable, but why take 13 innocent people's lives and risk getting killed just to not go someplace?

Bah, trying to make sense out of insanity. Silly.

I seriously doubt Afghanistan was really the issue here. The issue is the guy was mentally disturbed and even though there appear to have been plenty of warning signs, nobody caught it
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver