loumeinhart

Attn oldschool cellphone experts

I have an old handset Cellular One phone that zips up in a black case. It is powered by 12v and it's tx output is 3watts.. Can I retrofit something like this to get service? Mfctr is Motorola.

And yes I have nothing better to do..

You're SOL I'm afraid. In early 2008, the mandate to maintain AMPS was lifted. Even the off-shore carriers are digital now.

You might find a geek on eBay to buy it off you. ;)
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I have an old handset Cellular One phone that zips up in a black case. It is powered by 12v and it's tx output is 3watts.. Can I retrofit something like this to get service? Mfctr is Motorola.

You're SOL I'm afraid. In early 2008, the mandate to maintain AMPS was lifted. Even the off-shore carriers are digital now.

aaawe damn,.....what the hell am i gonna do with my brick thats up in the attic?

aaawe damn,.....what the hell am i gonna do with my brick thats up in the attic?

It would take some work, but you could get a bluetooth headset and modify it so that it works using the hand mic from that.

It will look like you're talking on that old POS, but really, its a bluetooth link to the phone on your console.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Am I just dreaming, drunk, or safe :), or do I remember someone here putting up a link to an outfit that will retro-fit your brick with modern digital internals connected to the brick controls? Kind of like the builders that will take the original radio from your 1952 Hupmobile & install modern internals, make it ipod/mpeg ready with external hook-ups for things like disc changers & amps, then have it all work in what looks like a stock AM radio.

When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.