NickDG

Just Met Christian Slater . . .

Only in LA!

I went down to see Steve, my barber, this morning for a haircut but knew something was up when I saw all the trucks and trailers parked along his block. I knew it was a movie or TV shoot as you see enough of them around here. I was about to turn around and leave when I saw Steve among the crew and he waved me in. They had redone the front of the barber shop to look like a food place and the new sign now read, "Spuds."

It's a little one chair shop and when we went inside Christian Slater was there all alone taking advantage of the air conditioning. He introduced himself and sat in one of the waiting chairs while I had my haircut. We chatted about the kinds of things men talk about in Barber Shops and I saw he was a relaxed very cool guy who knew how cut up.

He asked Steve what he charged for a haircut and when told he said, "Damn, I pay a lady ten times that much!"

So I said, "You have your hair cut by a lady?"

"Yeah, sure," he says.

"Well, see," I replied, "that's why you have girl hair."

And he jumps right up and looks into the mirror, and goes, "Oh my god, you're right, I've got girl hair!"

We spent the next few minutes belly laughing about girl hair until a PA poked her head in to say they needed him on set and he says, "I can't, I can't go on, I've got girl hair!"

The PA was puzzled and Steve and I were dying!

Anyway it was a TV series they were filming, it's called "Forgiving, or Forgotten, or something like that.

NickD :)

The show is "The Forgotten"- not bad but I doubt it will last more than one season. He's an ex cop who works with a team that takes on "cold cases", identifying John and Jane Does and solving their murders.

The show he had last year was better but I don't think they aired more than 6 eposides.

He's an ex cop who works with a team that takes on "cold cases", identifying John and Jane Does and solving their murders.

Yeah, just what the world needs - another show like that. [:/]

Still, I guess if it did take off it might really work for him in the way that, say, '24' did for Keifer Sutherland. I guess Slater is already a bigger movie star than Sutherland ever was, but he's never quite made it to 'name above the title' status.