MiataMan

Bugatti driven into Salt Marsh

This is a perfect example of more money than brains. Saved the phone, ruined the car.

It really is a waste of a very limited production car. At least when a rich jerk-off buys a yacht or a jet, they hire a professional crew to work the machinery, but when it's a Bugatti or an Enzo, suddenly just having the cash to buy it makes you a professional driver.

Anyone looking for some good used Bugatti parts, I know a guy. No interior or electronics available.

Saw video of them towing it out of the water this morning. Looks salvageable. Only looked a bit muddy and wet. Pretty sure there's nothing a few extra bucks tossed at the local VW service center can't fix.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Saw video of them towing it out of the water this morning. Looks salvageable

That's saltwater, so putting that thing back on the road is going to be a long haul. However, if it costs the insurance company $1.5M to total the thing, maybe $500k to clean her up is a bargain.

What would an insurance company do with it if they did total it out? Put it up for auction? I wonder what the market is like for a nice Bugatti that's been submerged in saltwater? Is there a market?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091113/ap_on_fe_st/us_odd_lagoon_bugatti

Distracted by a bird and a dropped cell phone man drives Veyron into a salt marsh.

What a waste.

I don't see a bird HERE

More evidence that money doesn't buy brains, good judgement or driving skill at Wrecked Exotics
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

As if the salt water bath wasn't bad enough, imagine all those rocks he drove over playing a high speed drum solo on the undertray. Can't be good. :(

HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

:D:D:DWhat are the odds of someone catching that on video?

10 years ago? 10,000,000:1
Video of you or me randomly crashing for no reason? 1,000,000:1

Today and somebody driving a car that lists for over a $1,000,000? I dunno, but it's getting close to 1:1.

There are enough cell phone cameras and the car screams "hey, take my picture" that it was almost inevitable even if the guy with the cell phone camera didn't have a clue what car he was shooting.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Today and somebody driving a car that lists for over a $1,000,000? I dunno, but it's getting close to 1:1.

There are enough cell phone cameras and the car screams "hey, take my picture" that it was almost inevitable even if the guy with the cell phone camera didn't have a clue what car he was shooting.

Yep, any time I see an exotic car on the road, I have learned to be very careful of the rest of the traffic.
There is usually some idiot getting video of it on his phone, wandering all over the road. Or driving like a maniac to get a better shot of it.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo