ridestrong

You can't drive... so stay home!

The left lane is for faster traffic. If you stay in the left lane and are blocking traffic you are breaking the law. http://web.mit.edu/~jfc/www/right.html :P

Why is my being in the left lane at the posted speed limit more of an offence than your breaking the posted speed limit?

please be be polite and keep right. if you slam on your breaks and cause a crash, that's considered road rage and you don't belong on the road.

If you speed, preferably while tailgating, and cause a crash, how is that better?

(Please note I'm in the Netherlands; traffic and laws may be different here. And sometimes I can't get back to the right lane immediately. And hogs do cross motorways. :P)
Johan.
I am. I think.

you all need to stop your pissin and whinning and come spend a day in Xi'an China, these people absolutely have NO clue about lanes, merging, turning parking any fucking thing. You all have it easy

So you're trying to convince us that Asians can't drive.
Yeah, that's a tough sell.

Are you freakin serious:D:D:D

The speed LIMIT is a mandated MAXIMUM speed allowed, the keep right is for vehicles traveling slower than the MAXIMUM POSTED LIMIT.
It does not matter what lane you are in the MAXIMUM LIMIT is for the road not a particular lane

JEEzus they gave you a drivers licence:o

Yeah. Believe it or not, but I am freaking serious. I can go just a half a mile faster than you, but still within a posted limit and you will block my way.

Believe it or not, but because of such type of assholes who do not follow simple right-of-way rules and trying to prove that they are so cool and don't give a shit about others, we all have a VERY interesting reading in this forum, but in Incidents section. I do not see the difference between behavior on the road and behavior in the sky or somewhere else. If people don't care, they don't care anywhere.

.. I do not see the difference between behavior on the road and behavior in the sky or somewhere else. If people don't care, they don't care anywhere.

On the road, I have no interest in speeding. Or in hugging the left lane. Or in being tailgated.

I fly a 1.8 wingload. Currently demoing a 2.0.

Believe me, I know the difference. If I flew that 111 like you drive your car, yes, we would meet in Incidents.

The space I want in front of me while flying that pocket rocket, I want behind me in my car.

Sometimes there just are even bigger morons than me I need to pass before you can blaze past. I don't hate them, I pass them. If that means you have to raise that lead foot for twenty seconds and be home with the wife and kids twenty seconds later and can't deal with that, why didn't you leave earlier?
Johan.
I am. I think.

I have driven all over the US and have to say the worst drives I had been on the road with were in Washington state(washington peeps dont get mad at me...;)).

I will take old people driving bad here in Florida over bad snow drivers any day. I lost plenty of coffee travel mugs because of those fockers...:):D

Driving in the snow in the WA :S We stayed home:)
I felt sorry for the peeps that had a job that they had to go to regardless of rain,sleat, snow[:/]B|
One Jump Wonder

On the road, I have no interest in speeding. Or in hugging the left lane. Or in being tailgated.

Same with me. If I need to pass, I go to left lane and pass, than return back.

I just do not understand people who's hanging in left lane and all others have to pass that moron from the right. Shouldn't it be a clear sign to that driver that whatever he/she is doing is "little" wrong. Even though that driver goes with speed limit. That kind of drivers I am talking about.

"Stay Right Except To Pass"
"Slower Traffic Stay Right"
"Drive Right-Pass Left"

All of these, plus more, are highway signs intended to remind people to drive in the right lane except when overtaking another vehicle or when traffic conditions dictate otherwise. The reason for passing on the left is simple: A driver's blind spot is much larger off the right-rear corner of the car than it is off the left-rear corner making passing on the left MUCH safer than passing on the right.
If you want to cruise in the passing lane that is fine. But when another vehicle is overtaking is is wise to put on your turn signal and move over to the right so they can pass on the left. It is a matter of common courtesy.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

pass that moron from the right. Shouldn't it be a clear sign to that driver that whatever he/she is doing is "little" wrong.

I once drove home from New Orleans (about 700 miles) with a sign down my drivers side that said "If this is passing you, You're in the wrong lane" wasn't real easy to see (darn tinted glass) but I did get a couple or single finger salutes on the interstate and handshakes at the gas stations.
My wife made me promise to stop doing things like that:(
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

Worst drivers I've seen - Boston
Best drivers I've seen - New York City/Manhattan

Best drivers i have seen, Sultanamet, Istanbul, Turkey, freaking amazingB| One car wide alleyway for streets and bidirectional traffic that eventually works itself out.
I've driven in it at peak hour and it was freaking cool:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I think in life you have to adapt both to the rules and the reality.. The rule is you must drive at or below the speed limit.. The reality is that if everyone is going faster than you, you DO NOT belong in the left lane, which should be for passing.

Unless you're in the UK, in which case the lanes are reversed.

Personally, I think if someone wants to ride my ass, it's best to just let them go - it just makes it that much more satisfying when 'round the bend they get caught speeding by the coppers!!! :D:D:D

I don't have time to deal with aggressive drivers - I'd rather not aggravate them and let them think they are overtaking when in reality I keep seeing the same people at the same traffic lights as me 2 minutes down the road. Just not worth it IMO.

Edit: spelling :$

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

The drivers in NYC are pretty good. When I lived in NYC I'd ride my road bike (bicycle) for commuting throughout the city and the motorist there are very good about giving cyclist their space and right-of-way. The drivers here in Denver are much less courteous to cyclists and sometimes aggressive towards them. Granted NYC has nice bike lanes on every other street.

Some of the worst drivers I have come across are in Chicago and here in Denver.
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

Personally, I think if someone wants to ride my ass, it's best to just let them go - it just makes it that much more satisfying when 'round the bend they get caught speeding by the coppers!!!

We call that bear bait around here:)
For people who ride my ass in traffic, I have been known to ask them at the next light if they would like to pull my hair since they are riding my ass so closely.

For those who like to jam on their brakes in that situation... I would ask how many vehicular accidents they have had. Most will probably say none.:S:S

I was driving to work today and as I was getting on the freeway when the car in front of me decided to wash their window and mine got all spotted up. I just cleaning my car and the windows yesterday so I was not to happy. Funny thing is I ended up in front of her and proceeded to clean my windows. I wasn't doing it to be mean I was doing it to teach her a lesson. :)

TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Worst I've seen: Boston (entire east coast for that matter)

Best I've seen: Chattanooga, TN.

LA drivers are hard to judge since traffic moves so slow it is hard to tell when you have left the parking lot and when you are on the highway. :P
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.