ridestrong

You can't drive... so stay home!

That brings us to "lane jumpers" people who jump from one lane to the other every two seconds in heavy traffic cause they think the other lane is actually going to get them somewhere faster.

Or... people behind you that intentionally speed up so you can't merge over into their lane. Unless your a "lane jumper" then maybe you deserve it.

Or... your on the Interstate and traffic slows to 'stop and go' for 15 miles and it's all because of an accident on the opposite side of the highway... damn gapers.
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

Or... your on the Interstate and traffic slows to 'stop and go' for 15 miles and it's all because of an accident on the opposite side of the highway... damn gapers.

Yeah, you'd think people have seen a cop car or a a tow truck with the blinky lights on before, but they always seem to stop and stare.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I'll stick with the speed limit, thank you.
If you don't like it, go around me.

The speed limit is just a general guide...
You will get tailgated by me if you are doing that shit on my highway, hehe...

Please stay out of the left lane LISAH unless you need to pass someone. I would much appreciate it.

BTW cops dont pull people over in your area unless you are going 17+ over the speed limit...

The carpool and "fast lanes" are there for people going a long distance and won't be exiting any time soon. They aren't for speeding.

Ride my ass and I'll slam on my brakes!

The left lane is for passing. Period. It's not for folks going 2km over the posted speed, or JUST the posted speed.

It's about common courtesy.

Most of my highway driving involves towing my trailer. And I do so quite defensively.

I can easily pass slower drivers with my trailer. By slower, I mean drivers going slower than I can go towing 2500lb piece of metal behind me.

And if I pass someone, it's because I know I can and will pull back over to let others pass.

If you're in that passing lane and someone is coming up behind you, you shouldn't be there.

If you're in the passing lane, PLEASE don't hit your brakes. Hit the gas and get out of there.

Tow a trailer at highway speeds. You'll think differently.
'Shell

The carpool and "fast lanes" are there for people going a long distance and won't be exiting any time soon. They aren't for speeding.

Ride my ass and I'll slam on my brakes!

The left lane is for passing. Period. It's not for folks going 2km over the posted speed, or JUST the posted speed.

It's about common courtesy.

Most of my highway driving involves towing my trailer. And I do so quite defensively.

I can easily pass slower drivers with my trailer. By slower, I mean drivers going slower than I can go towing 2500lb piece of metal behind me.

And if I pass someone, it's because I know I can and will pull back over to let others pass.

If you're in that passing lane and someone is coming up behind you, you shouldn't be there.

If you're in the passing lane, PLEASE don't hit your brakes. Hit the gas and get out of there.

Tow a trailer at highway speeds. You'll think differently.

I have probably driven in your fair country more than most of my fellow Americans. I remember the first time I did, and was amazed that people would actually pull over onto the shoulder to allow other drivers who wanted to go faster, to pass them. I think its based on a better attitude overall on the road, with a propensity for courteousness that is fairly rare down here....Brava. I did find it to be infectious and quite transportable when I travelled to Europe and got to drive there as well. I know its not everyone.. and I have seen some pretty poor drivers in Vancouver traffic but overall its just a lot more pleasant to drive up in Canada with less of the really anal retentive me me me me crap you see down here.

Please stay out of the left lane LISAH unless you need to pass someone. I would much appreciate it.

I used to travel to Germany quite a bit. I have to admit they are far more disciplined drivers than Americans. I had to laugh my first trip there however. Some of their traffic signals gave a yellow light "warning" that it is about to turn from red to green. Do not just casually drive through an intersection there as green turns yellow, for someone in the cross street is already revving up that big Mercedes and rolling.

Also, they quite seriously demand an open left lane to pass in. Once I was in an autobahn traffic jam with at least a mile of stopped cars in front of me blocking all lanes. But the guy behind me sat there blinking his lights and occasionally honking, demanding that I change lanes so he could pass. I have no idea where he thought I could go, or even where he could after I did.
Tom B

That brings us to "lane jumpers" people who jump from one lane to the other every two seconds in heavy traffic cause they think the other lane is actually going to get them somewhere faster.

These stupid ass people cause the "lane jumpers"
-->"I'll stick with the speed limit, thank you.
If you don't like it, go around me." ~unlawful driver:S

SKYDIVING = HAPPY

>I consider it a failure of my driving skills to not notice someone coming
>up behind me early enough to move out of their way (traffic permitting)
>so that they do not have to slow down.

Around here that's not always possible. If you're in the left lane doing 70 next to a lane doing 10mph less, it's not always possible to move over quickly. And with some people here wanting to do 100+ MPH, you can't always get out of their way in time to make them happy.

In addition, when traffic is solid but moving, and there's barely a car length between cars, I'm generally going to avoid changing lanes a lot, because that slows everyone down. I may piss off the guy trying to pass me on the left (or the right) but - c'est la vie.

I have driven all over the US and have to say the worst drives I had been on the road with were in Washington state(washington peeps dont get mad at me...;)).

I will take old people driving bad here in Florida over bad snow drivers any day. I lost plenty of coffee travel mugs because of those fockers...:):D

TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

On the highway...if I am not settign my cruise at 10 over, I am a sad panda. I can "deal" with people going slow in the left lane as long as the right lane is open to pass them. What I HATE is those who decide to go the exact same speed as the car directly beside them so you are stuck there. >:(

edit: I typically only pass in the left lane. If noone is in the right lane, I am more than happy to "speed" over there.

I woke up next to a blowup doll Ash....so what do you think?

you all need to stop your pissin and whinning and come spend a day in Xi'an China, these people absolutely have NO clue about lanes, merging, turning parking any fucking thing.
You all have it easy
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

The speed limit is the same for all lanes.

Yeah, right... Why in the hell there are signs "slower traffic keep right"?

Even if you stay within teh speed limit, but going slower than flow, this sign is for you and you should obey it. Period.

Are you freakin serious:D:D:D

The speed LIMIT is a mandated MAXIMUM speed allowed, the keep right is for vehicles traveling slower than the MAXIMUM POSTED LIMIT.
It does not matter what lane you are in the MAXIMUM LIMIT is for the road not a particular lane

JEEzus they gave you a drivers licence:o
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Even if you stay within teh speed limit, but going slower than flow, this sign is for you and you should obey it. Period.

Tell that to the folks on mt road that wont use the turn out when there are signs posted every hundred feet or so. You are stuck behind them for 30 40 minutes as they point at the sights out the window while taking pictures driving maybe 30-35mph when the speed limit is 45-55. Then the ones who think they know how to drive in the snow and haul ass behind you kiss your bumper in white outs and or icy roads. The jack asses then pass you and then spin out right in front of you. I am telling you my road rage is almost gone since I stop living in snow country..I haven't lost one travel mug in over a yr...:D
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1

Are you freakin serious:D:D:D

The speed LIMIT is a mandated MAXIMUM speed allowed, the keep right is for vehicles traveling slower than the MAXIMUM POSTED LIMIT.
It does not matter what lane you are in the MAXIMUM LIMIT is for the road not a particular lane

JEEzus they gave you a drivers licence:o

They give those licenses to anyone....:P
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1

Depends where you're from I guess. In the UK, keep left means keep left regardless of how fast you're going.

Lane discipline

You should always drive in the left-hand lane when the road ahead is clear. If you are overtaking a number of slower-moving vehicles, you should return to the left-hand lane as soon as you are safely past. Slow-moving or speed-restricted vehicles should always remain in the left-hand lane of the carriageway unless overtaking. You MUST NOT drive on the hard shoulder except in an emergency or if directed to do so by the police, HA traffic officers in uniform or by signs.

Depends where you're from I guess. In the UK, keep left means keep left regardless of how fast you're going.

Lane discipline

You should always drive in the left-hand lane when the road ahead is clear. If you are overtaking a number of slower-moving vehicles, you should return to the left-hand lane as soon as you are safely past. Slow-moving or speed-restricted vehicles should always remain in the left-hand lane of the carriageway unless overtaking. You MUST NOT drive on the hard shoulder except in an emergency or if directed to do so by the police, HA traffic officers in uniform or by signs.

Hi Jack
My reply was in relation to the above dudes comment about "SLOWER vehicles, Keep Right" Signs
Here in OZ it's a similar Keep Left rules are you POMS are under;)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Better check the laws where you are driving
In my state you can be cited for obstructing the passing lane even if you are doing the speed limit.
Summary of US state laws here:

http://www.mit.edu/~jfc/right.html
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

The left lane is for faster traffic. If you stay in the left lane and are blocking traffic you are breaking the law. http://web.mit.edu/~jfc/www/right.html :P

please be be polite and keep right. if you slam on your breaks and cause a crash, thats considered road rage and you don't belong on the road.

“As you know, these are open forums, you’re able to come and listen to what I have to say.” –George W. Bush, 10.28.03.