klafollette

Prank Tandem: Scares crap out of student

Joking about "if the TM took his seizure medicine" is hardly scaring someone witless, which is what I was responding to.

It is also enough to ruin the experience for anyone on the plane who has a family member who struggles with mental illness. It is as unprofessional as racist jokes. (I swear I didn't know her boyfriend was black).

not loading.....grrrrrr>:(

it took almost 10 minutes for me thre first time, be patient!

I gotta agree, I think the TI is in for trouble with the S&Ta, USPA, and the tandem manufactor....I woudln't want to be him..

As a tandem Master, Always ask Yourself, "would Bill Booth Do it"? Before going beyond the norm!

Bill is one funny laid back guy, But I seriously doubt he would think of going along with this prank!

I gotta agree, I think the TI is in for trouble with the S&Ta, USPA, and the tandem manufactor....I woudln't want to be him..

As a tandem Master, Always ask Yourself, "would Bill Booth Do it"? Before going beyond the norm!

Bill is one funny laid back guy, But I seriously doubt he would think of going along with this prank!

LMAO you guys have way too much time. The whole thing was a prank. ;)
Never give the gates up and always trust your rears!

LMAO you guys have way too much time. The whole thing was a prank. ;)

What Chu Mean? I shared it on another websight, just cause I think it is funny as hell, doesn;t mean I think it was smart!:D and Visversa

i dunno......
college humor??? huh???

i must be real Old School,,,,, but i don't find that funny....

well thought out... and planned maybe.. but not funny...

i hate conspiracies, where One person is the butt of a joke...

yuck yuck:S>:(

How about the possibility of the TM taking a nice litlle whipping across the face, from the "fake" ripcord cable???
Damn... a guy wants to "meet the challenge" and make himself a Tandem jump.... and winds up.. with THAT sorta experience... screw that...

sorry i can't be more accepting of this type of idiocy...
lets leave the dormitory pranks.... on campus...
Kids today..... sheesh..

I also have little tolerance for the usual tandem 'jokes' that occur, between TM's camera people, and unsuspecting students..
such as " asking the Tm if he took his seizure medicine,,, or "How are those blackout episodes going"? etc etc..

Those who advocate such silliness, are being elitist, and condescending, and fall into the category of UN professional
IMHO..
Skydive LongIsland....HUH?????
hmmmm....

but whadduiknow???

jmy
uspa 9452
A 3914
D 12122

You obviously don't know the history of these guys....even though they went over it alittle before the jump. They have been playing bigger and bigger pranks on eachother forever. It goes back and forth and they are always good friends about it. Did you know about the million dollar basketball shot or the will you marry me question at the ballgame....it goes back way further than that even. They both find it funny or they wouldn't continue thier pranks on eachother. How rediculous is that that you are offended and find it wrong to prank someone when even the one pranked finds it funny. Its just like all the white people feeling offended for mexicans and blacks and american indians when even they aren't "offended".....like trying to ban all football teams with indian names or mascots because it was offensive to indians....and the indians protested the ban!

i dunno......
college humor??? huh???

i must be real Old School,,,,, but i don't find that funny....

well thought out... and planned maybe.. but not funny...

i hate conspiracies, where One person is the butt of a joke...

yuck yuck:S>:(

How about the possibility of the TM taking a nice litlle whipping across the face, from the "fake" ripcord cable???
Damn... a guy wants to "meet the challenge" and make himself a Tandem jump.... and winds up.. with THAT sorta experience... screw that...

sorry i can't be more accepting of this type of idiocy...
lets leave the dormitory pranks.... on campus...
Kids today..... sheesh..

I also have little tolerance for the usual tandem 'jokes' that occur, between TM's camera people, and unsuspecting students..
such as " asking the Tm if he took his seizure medicine,,, or "How are those blackout episodes going"? etc etc..

Those who advocate such silliness, are being elitist, and condescending, and fall into the category of UN professional
IMHO..
Skydive LongIsland....HUH?????
hmmmm....

but whadduiknow???

jmy
uspa 9452
A 3914
D 12122

You obviously don't know the history of these guys....even though they went over it alittle before the jump. They have been playing bigger and bigger pranks on eachother forever. It goes back and forth and they are always good friends about it. Did you know about the million dollar basketball shot or the will you marry me question at the ballgame....it goes back way further than that even. They both find it funny or they wouldn't continue thier pranks on eachother. How rediculous is that that you are offended and find it wrong to prank someone when even the one pranked finds it funny. Its just like all the white people feeling offended for mexicans and blacks and american indians when even they aren't "offended".....like trying to ban all football teams with indian names or mascots because it was offensive to indians....and the indians protested the ban!

WTF would Indians know about what could possibly offend a native American?:P:D
www.FourWheelerHB.com

In Reply To
The TI should get his rating pulled.

For what?

Sorry, had to dash of to a meeting-it was a serious question. What did the TI do wrong?

During the course of a skydive in progress, the instructor deliberately and falsely put the student, for whose life he was responsible, in extreme fear that there was an in-flight emergency, frightening the student into believing that he was about to die.

If that's not an adequate answer, then there's not much point to discussing it further.

As someone else said, my main problem with this is that you don't know how that guy is going to react when he thinks he's going to die. Maybe he freaks out after realizing they're still in freefall and starts grabbing other handles.

I found it funny but I still think this is something you just shouldn't mess with when you're in freefall with a first timer

*I'm not a TI so my $0.02 isn't even worth that in this case[:/]
I got nuthin

You're right.

The student might start grabbing handles.
The student might grab the TI's hands or toggles in a death grip at 50 feet.
The student might have a heart attack, asthma attack or epileptic seizure.
The student might suffer an extreme traumatic psychological stress reaction.
The student might sue and wind up owning the DZ and all its assets and equipment, cuz sure as hell this would not be covered by the waiver.
The student might complain to the authorities and newspapers/stations and wind up getting the DZ's operations shut down.

Bwahahahaahahaaaa! Hilarious!

Oh, look; I guess I just discussed it further.

HAHAHA that was great

"How much do you weigh?!?"
"Can you swim?"

:D Looks like a fun dropzone!

I'm with you brother!!! I'm still laughing..... he told that joker to kick his legs while he was still under canopy. LOLOLOL He was swiming before he was even in water. :D:D:D

Does anyone else find it funny that we made a SPORT out of an EMERGENCY PROCEDURE?!?!

You're right.

The student might start grabbing handles.
The student might grab the TI's hands or toggles in a death grip at 50 feet.
The student might have a heart attack, asthma attack or epileptic seizure.
The student might suffer an extreme traumatic psychological stress reaction.
The student might sue and wind up owning the DZ and all its assets and equipment, cuz sure as hell this would not be covered by the waiver.
The student might complain to the authorities and newspapers/stations and wind up getting the DZ's operations shut down.

Bwahahahaahahaaaa! Hilarious!

Oh, look; I guess I just discussed it further.

But it sure was funny!
Why would anyone jump out of a perfectly good airplane? Cause the door was open!

"Kick your legs! Kick your legs!"

I wish I could have seen his legs.

That's what I'm saying dude........ the freaking leg part is priceless. I bet he looked like Michael Phelps at 3000 feet. :D

Does anyone else find it funny that we made a SPORT out of an EMERGENCY PROCEDURE?!?!

Even if the passenger was in on it, and the whole thing was a act for the camera's....(someone PM'd me and said they were in on it)

Still not good for PR, imagin how many people now afraid to trust a TI they don't know!

Bah.... No one is that skittish of a random DZ. They would have to be in the company of a pranking friend to be that affraid.

It's no different then the mechanic at Six Flags running and yelling "Stop Stop... it's not finished, they aren't tight" at the roller coaster as it's rolling out of the shift house with new passengers. LOLOL Have you seen that video???? :D

I do not think this stunt was funny,nor do I think it was in good taste.

That being said, the Tandem I did nothing to jeopordize his rating.

I don't think it was funny, but no rules were broken.

And, yes, I do have the ratings and authority to make that call.

Ralph Nichols