klafollette

Prank Tandem: Scares crap out of student

That is pure comedy.... That's JJ's dropzone. I'm happy someone has the humor to still do that without worrying about being labeled as a YayHoo. Good Job Skydive Long Island!!!

Does anyone else find it funny that we made a SPORT out of an EMERGENCY PROCEDURE?!?!

i dunno......
college humor??? huh???

i must be real Old School,,,,, but i don't find that funny....

well thought out... and planned maybe.. but not funny...

i hate conspiracies, where One person is the butt of a joke...

yuck yuck:S>:(

How about the possibility of the TM taking a nice litlle whipping across the face, from the "fake" ripcord cable???
Damn... a guy wants to "meet the challenge" and make himself a Tandem jump.... and winds up.. with THAT sorta experience... screw that...

sorry i can't be more accepting of this type of idiocy...
lets leave the dormitory pranks.... on campus...
Kids today..... sheesh..

I also have little tolerance for the usual tandem 'jokes' that occur, between TM's camera people, and unsuspecting students..
such as " asking the Tm if he took his seizure medicine,,, or "How are those blackout episodes going"? etc etc..

Those who advocate such silliness, are being elitist, and condescending, and fall into the category of UN professional
IMHO..
Skydive LongIsland....HUH?????
hmmmm....

but whadduiknow???

jmy
uspa 9452
A 3914
D 12122

Yeah.. I'm with you.. Not funny. I've seen the odd planned prank that made me laugh my ass off, but this didn't.
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

I also have little tolerance for the usual tandem 'jokes' that occur, between TM's camera people, and unsuspecting students..
such as " asking the Tm if he took his seizure medicine,,, or "How are those blackout episodes going"? etc etc..

hahahahahaha, great ideas if I ever become a TI..

And the vid, come on man, the prank was priceless, the horrified and confused face when the ripcord pull didn't do anything and under the canopy made me laugh so hard..
"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today." James Dean

I don't even know what to say...that is just awful. I can't believe an instructor would ever do that to someone...that's just awful...

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

Prank to convince student he's going to die during a tandem jump. Video link below.

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1923808

As someone else said, you have to watch the rest of the series of these two pranking each other. Then, you will understand this one.

Btw, I was laughing like a hyena the entire time. Excellent work.B|

I am both annoyed at the lack of proffesionalism, and Laughing my ass off at the timing with which it was carried out!

I wonder if USPA is going to say anything to the tandem master?(or the rig manufactor?)

not a chance I would take with my ratting, without calling both first!

Now if the guy wasn't completely terrified, he might have picked up on a clue. If this was such an emergency while under canopy, why the hell is my Instructor still filming with his hand-cam???

Have to admit, I found it funny because these guys are publicly trying to out-prank each other, ala MTVs Jackass, and even get sponsorship money for the pranks. In that context, this was a masterpiece. It wouldn't be funny at all if done to an unsuspecting victim. If a TI pulled that on just anyone, they should have their license pulled, and then be taken out back and beaten with a stick.

\ It wouldn't be funny at all if done to an unsuspecting victim. If a TI pulled that on just anyone, they should have their license pulled, and then be taken out back and beaten with a stick.

He was an unsuspecting jumper.

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

Oh please, that's harmless. Sure, if the tandem is white knuckled and pale white, okay, probably not the best time for humor. But the usual "just sorta nervous" a casual joke isn't going to do anything except break the ice some.

Tandems are supposed to be fun. Not some mechanical strap the dude up, throw them out of the plane. I love it when I see a TM put some personality into his work.

Shit, I got into skydiving because jumpers are light their farts on fire fuckwits.

Prank to convince student he's going to die during a tandem jump. Video link below.

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1923808

As someone else said, you have to watch the rest of the series of these two pranking each other. Then, you will understand this one.

Btw, I was laughing like a hyena the entire time. Excellent work.B|

Oh. My. God. I just watched the whole series and completely changed my mind.. Seriously - go view it. SO, SO, SOOOOO FUNNY!!!! :D:D:D:D My jaw hurts from all that laughing!!
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

I don't even know what to say...that is just awful. I can't believe an instructor would ever do that to someone...that's just awful...

What is the worst?
A) Thinking you're gonna die, but in the end you don't.
B) Thinking you just won half a million, but in the end you don't.

Nice revenge! :D
"One day, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching."

Dudeist Skydiver #101

Have you watched the Series of Jokes that lead to this??

These two guys have been doing these stunts on each other for years and gained a huge following. They now have Corporate Sponsors bankrolling these pranks.

Here a couple of previous ones to put this in perspective:
http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1774718

and this one
http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1902812

Joking about "if the TM took his seizure medicine" is hardly scaring someone witless, which is what I was responding to.

The original vid? I think it was dumb mostly because you don't know if the student is gonna freak and start pulling handles.