GARYC24

Work places going on-lne with stuff

This year my workplace has ended paper checks & check stubs (for direct deposit people). This has all been replaced with either going direct deposit OR get a Paycard (for those who do not have checking accounts:|. Have to go on-line to see/printout checkstub,PTO, Sick time, etc.
Also, just this week, have to sign on to view on-line Benefits, this was must-do within 1 week to log-in OR your benefits will be terminated.
Anyone else have these changes?

Self-employed business owner, so......what's a ben-e-fit?:S

It's what you get shoved in your ass when the gov't legalizes extortion in the form of healthcare requirements.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I'm surprised your employer help out for as long as they did. Welcome to this century! :D

Seriously, I have a hard time remembering when this stuff wasn't done on line. You'll get used to it and like it eventually! Of course, no one likes the "log on now or lose your benefits" ultimatum!

This year my workplace has ended paper checks & check stubs (for direct deposit people). This has all been replaced with either going direct deposit OR get a Paycard (for those who do not have checking accounts:|. Have to go on-line to see/printout checkstub,PTO, Sick time, etc.
Also, just this week, have to sign on to view on-line Benefits, this was must-do within 1 week to log-in OR your benefits will be terminated.

Welcome to this century.

It's less expensive to deliver information on-line. On-line sign-ups are both much less expensive and less error-prone. Be glad that your employer is cutting costs by reducing administrative overhead instead of cutting benefits or laying people off and increasing your work-load to compensate.

It does suck that your employer wasn't more prepared and able to give you a reasonable time to sign up on-line for benefits.

Self-employed business owner, so......what's a ben-e-fit?:S

What You LLC or You Inc provide its employee (you personally) so you get the same favorable tax treatment that Competing Big Company Inc does on essential things like health insurance (without health insurance you're one injury away from no longer being a business or home owner, and I'm aware that it's no longer the best example due to being included as a Schedule C expense)

It's less expensive to deliver information on-line. On-line sign-ups are both much less expensive and less error-prone. Be glad that your employer is cutting costs by reducing administrative overhead instead of cutting benefits or laying people off and increasing your work-load to compensate.

I agreed with DrewEckhardt . Personally, I feel that online checkstub/annual leave/etc...is the way to go, it is much more effective and it cuts back on identity theft due to one's personal informations exposed. My company ended the paper checks/check stubs years ago....and I'm glad they did.

Honestly, I love my office crew....but I would trust any of them when comes to my personal information so readily available.
"Love is doing small things with great love."

Lacrosse: Legally beating men with sticks since 1492