JohnDeere

The people at the IRS are a bunch of MORONS!

[replyI'm all ears on how you're going about trying to right this atrocity. In the mean time, I still say you're FOS.

Instead of being "all ears", why don't you get off your ass and follow the point and click path I've provided you?

Just curious,
Are you one of those twenty somethings that has their oil changed at a jiffylube type establishment?

Blues,
Cliff

Because it's complete and utter bullshit.
And no, I'm not in my twenties and I don't frequent jiffylube. I'm old and wise enough to know better and call out people who are completely full of shit. I would say good luck with your tax evasion scam, but we know you don't really file zero returns or make some ridiculous claims that you don't owe tax. You're certainly not actively participating in one of the days most popular scams as listed by the IRS http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=206370,00.html and without a doubt you're not on a public forum claiming to be actively engaging in tax fraud.

Go away troll.

Let's assume you're right and they actually don't have the right to collect taxes.

Who is then supposed to pay for the services the gov't provides and how?

How did they pay for the government before the current income tax?
Do you realise the federal government operated for more years without income tax then with it?

Would it suprise you to know ,Bolas, that not one dollar of personal income tax collected goes toward paying any service provided but instead , each and every dollar of income tax collected goes toward paying the interest on the debt owed to a private banking cartel?

Don't worry.
You don't really owe it!
As I've said,
look up the definition of state within the federal tax code.

Blues,
Cliff
2muchTruth

[reply
Because it's complete and utter bullshit.
And no, I'm not in my twenties and I don't frequent jiffylube. I'm old and wise enough to know better and call out people who are completely full of shit. I would say good luck with your tax evasion scam, but we know you don't really file zero returns or make some ridiculous claims that you don't owe tax. You're certainly not actively participating in one of the days most popular scams as listed by the IRS http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=206370,00.html and without a doubt you're not on a public forum claiming to be actively engaging in tax fraud.

Go away troll.

All that effort and yet you couldn't put out the effort to seek out one simple definition within the tax code.
Interesting!

And no, I'm not a tax fraud.
I do file every form I'm required by law to file and I pay every tax I'm required by law to pay.
Thing is,
According to the definitions in the Federal tax code, I don't live in a "state". I live in Georgia.

Blues,
Cliff
2muchTruth

Trends come and go but the classics always stay in style

Very true! So let's talk about a classic.
Fractional reserve banking.
Since there is only enough money created to cover the debt and not the interest, there has to be one big player who borrows enough to create an amount equal to everyone elses interest.
But if that big player ever payed off ,the system would crash. So year after year that player just goes deeper and deeper in debt. Billions become trillions and the people wonder why can't the government get a handle on spending?
Because if they ever did the entire *fiat*monetary system would immediately collapse.

Blues,
Cliff
2muchTruth

Im in the middle of an audit for 2006. This twit is trying to deny 37,000 on medical that I paid for out of pocket. We have given her receipts but she keeps saying she needs more proof>:(. I thought the flunky's of the world worked for min. wage :S. The good thing is when my CPA did my '08 taxes she checked the IRS web sight and they hadn't reposted 2 of my quarterly payment. Doesnt sound to good until to consider the fat ass refund I just got in the mail:)

BUt they are the morons with the power and it sounds like they are enjoying bending you over.:ph34r:

Maybe the IRS auditor has boobies. JohnDeere -- can you take a picture with your cell phone and post them?

We really need to get this thread back on the BF track :)
Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Let's assume you're right and they actually don't have the right to collect taxes.

Who is then supposed to pay for the services the gov't provides and how?

How did they pay for the government before the current income tax?
Do you realise the federal government operated for more years without income tax then with it?

Would it suprise you to know ,Bolas, that not one dollar of personal income tax collected goes toward paying any service provided but instead , each and every dollar of income tax collected goes toward paying the interest on the debt owed to a private banking cartel?

Don't worry.
You don't really owe it!
As I've said,

Blues,
Cliff

Debt incurred to pay for services provided. Even if it's not a direct payment, it doesn't mean it can be ignored.

Sorta like if you get a hambuger from McDonalds but someone else collects the $$$ from you to pay them. Regardless of how/if they pay for the burger directly/indirectly since you got a burger you have to pay, no matter how many middle men there are.

I'll agree the whole tax system is way too damn complex but that still doesn't excuse people who are able to pay from paying.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

This lady is an independent auditor (that doesnt work for the IRS). So she is paid off comition>:(.

I find that more than a little bit difficult to believe.

Well that is what they are doing now.
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

This lady is an independent auditor (that doesnt work for the IRS). So she is paid off comition>:(.

I believe you are mistaken.
The IRS doesn't outsource audits to outside parties that have a financial interest in the outcome of the audit.
If that were the case, every audit would have the outcome appealed, sent to review, and then to court. How do you think a judge is going to rule on the glaring conflict of interest and how long to you think it would take to wrap up a typical audit?
Just not how it works and for good reason.

trying to deny 37,000 on medical that I paid for out of pocket.

FYI - not all medical is deductible. 37k is a big number to drop on your return. It's the kind of thing that will get you moving to the top of the audit list. Any CPA worth one thousandth of their bill will be able to handle it for you.

Yes i am very aware of that. I know 37k is alot to put on there but i paid 42k in medical and them fuck sticks are gonna give me my deduction I deserve.

trying to deny 37,000 on medical that I paid for out of pocket.

FYI - not all medical is deductible. 37k is a big number to drop on your return. It's the kind of thing that will get you moving to the top of the audit list. Any CPA worth one thousandth of their bill will be able to handle it for you.

Yes i am very aware of that. I know 37k is alot to put on there but i paid 42k in medical and them fuck sticks are gonna give me my deduction I deserve.

I'm sure your CPA will get it taken care of. That's what you pay them for.

I believe you are mistaken.
The IRS doesn't outsource audits to outside parties that have a financial interest in the outcome of the audit.
If that were the case, every audit would have the outcome appealed, sent to review, and then to court. How do you think a judge is going to rule on the glaring conflict of interest and how long to you think it would take to wrap up a typical audit?
Just not how it works and for good reason.

No i am not mistaken! You are wrong! The lady I am dealing with dose not work for the IRS! She does the audit and sends it to the IRS and they send it to me.

Why don't you give us a link?

Fixed it and made it clicky.

Ok, I don't get your argument. It says:

(10) State - The term "State" shall be construed to include the District of Columbia, where such construction is necessary to carry out provisions of this title.

All it's saying is when they mention a state they are including the District of Columbia. How do you infer from that, Georgia isn't a state?

Arguing this any further would be pointless so don't bother replying.

[reply
Fixed it and made it clicky.

How do you do that?

I've been warned not to discuss politics but as definitions go, if a definition lists what is included anything not listed is not included.

" Inclusio unius est exclusio alterius" Literally translated, The inclusion of one thing is the exclusion of all other things(not mentioned). Look it up in Blacks law dictionary.
Basicly one can infer that if Congress didn't include something(in this case the fifty states of the union) it was intentional.

Blues,
Cliff

2muchTruth

No i am not mistaken! You are wrong! The lady I am dealing with dose not work for the IRS! She does the audit and sends it to the IRS and they send it to me.

FWIW I double checked with an acquaintance who is currently an IRS agent. He said the situation you are describing is not possible. Anyone conducting an IRS audit has to be a duly sworn IRS employee. He further said it would be entirely appropriate to request identification and credentials. Lastly, he said if the person was not an IRS agent, we would ask them to leave.

Take it for what its worth, but that is from an IRS agent.