skyrider

Heellp ...Finding DZ

I must be searched challenged , or the Dz closed, I am looking for the Dropzone in or near Sturgis South Dakota , I have a group of bikers that want to do their first jumping during the ralley....Hopefully I can film, or fly second camera on a few of them! (second camera is better IMO)

Anyone know where it is, I seem to be too retarded at searching the net to find it!

Thanks in advance for any help!

I do not think there is one near Sturgis.

Myself and Skydiveatlas.com with Sean Tillery set up a temporary DZ in Sturgis during bike week a few years ago. It was primarily tandems and a few fun jumps back in 2006 I think it was. We brought in a Beach 99, it was the first time any jumping had been allowed.

We wanted to go again but its been a real challenge getting things sorted out to make it happen.

I think the Burningman event has jumping not sure though??

Talk to Spencer at Skydive Hot Springs, he and a friend bring a Porter into the rally to do tandems, they are also friendly to the fun jump crowd. They have been talking about doing a demo jump into the Chip...

Cool, have they been setting up at the airport up the road? Jumping the Chip was a blast, make sure you take the air horns! And announce it as well.
Are the heli's still across the street from the Chip?

Sturgis is a blast!