reddevil1

BT 60 main what size is it's

From memory about a 170 give or take.

Just be aware that the old BTs can open seriously hard and require special care/technique when packing. I see you're at Headcorn... if you are considering buying/jumping a BT I suggest you get Clem to show you how to pack it since I know he used to own a BT.

Vicki

The only thing that I can find that 60 of them would come close to the size of a parachute is Cubit

60 square cubit = 135 square feet

Its probably not right but you never know... how old is this parachute?:)
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

The only thing that I can find that 60 of them would come close to the size of a parachute is Cubit

BWAHAHAHA! I don't know what the hell I was thinking, but the way I remembered it, it had something to do with the model number equating to a unit of measure. I remember a BT 40 being around 120 and a BT 80 being a tandem main.

a Cubit is aprox, 18" in LENGTH, (tip of middle finger to elbow) I've not heard of it used as an measure or area.
Can anyone validate thus:|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

a Cubit is aprox, 18" in LENGTH, (tip of middle finger to elbow) I've not heard of it used as an measure or area.

I used this: http://www.onlineconversion.com/area.htm

- quantity: 60
- to: square foot

:)
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

They have other converstions too!

In Morse Code:

-.... ----- ... --.- ..- .- .-. . -.-. ..- -... .. - .---- ...-- ..... ... --.- ..- .- .-. . ..-. . . -

If a cubit is a measure of length, why couldn't you use square cubit as a measure of area?

foot = length
square feet = area

meter = length
square meters = area

See the pattern? :)
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

BT60 is about 170 sqft
BT is an old serie of main canopies made by parachute de france, (BT serie is no longer sold)
BT serie is famous for the very hard openings if packed incorrect. Because of this I do not like this canopy, Except the BT80 tandemcanopy, which I like to fly.

Advice: do not buy this canopy unless it is very,very,very cheap., but even than!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Using your droque to gain stability is a bad habit,
Especially when you are jumping a sport rig