kkeenan

iPhone Apps

i like shazam. if you hear a song somewhere and want to know what it is, open the app, hold the phone so it can 'hear' it, about 30 seconds later you have artist, album, links to the itunes store to buy it and youtube vids related to it. price:free

i picked up netshare while it was available, and it works well. it's a tethering app, lets you use the iphone's 3g connection as a proxy for your laptop. price:$10

ipint, pointless app that lets you drink a virtual beer. gets the most incredulous looks. price:free

more cowbell, another kinda pointless app that lets you play a cowbell along with any song you're playing. if you stop, christoper walken pipes up with 'i gotta have more cowbell'. price:free
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

If you are a music lover: Pandora Radio (works on Wi-Fi and 3G...some drop outs on Edge)...this is amazing and I can't believe it is free. Also, Shazam...identified even some obscure stuff I threw at it.

For photos: Ezimba

Functionality: Flashlight (I can't believe how many times I have actually used this already), Currency Converter if you do business or shopping overseas, Recorder...leave yourself voice notes, record longer meetings, email short recordings

Mapping / GPS: I like Go Home and I Am Here

Games: Trism

Would love to hear others recommendations!!!

I've been using Pandora a lot at home. The iPhone version doesn't seem to run as cleanly, but it's still a great site. Once you get it set up, it's like listening to a radio station that only plays music you like.B|

I use Apple Remote, Supermonkeyball, MLB at bat, and one of my favorites is mobile fotos for flickr on the go.

Also labrynth is fun too.

BUT my all time favorite is the Shazaam as already mentioned SOOOOO cool to use in the car for our local college radio station that doesn't announce names of bands etc.

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....

I'm not sure what would be the benefit of this unless you're a bill collector.

It's about having fun. Never wanted to call a friend and sound like the hot chick he met at the bar?
If you're gonna carry an iPhone (some of us call em' iCock's) then you might as well have a ball with it. Otherwise, it's just a phone.
It's every bit as much fun as any game, and about as productive.:P

Functionality: Flashlight (I can't believe how many times I have actually used this already)

Bumping this.
I've actually avoided the flashlight apps for fear that something bad would happen to my phone if I repeatedly used it. Anyone use this?

Any iPhone users out there using the new applications ? Are there any favorites you can recommend ?

Kevin

The Kindle App is free and you dont have to own a kindle to use it, just an amazon account to purchase and download books. You basically have an E reader on your iPhone for free. If you own a kindle, the kindle app and the kindle synch with one another so you're always on the last page you read no matter which one you use.

Motion X GPS is an excellent app
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Bump is good for transferring contact info with other iPhone users. Once you've got Bump configured with your own information, including telling the app which info you do and do not want to share, you simply activate it on both phones and bump hands to trade contact info.

Emergency Radio lets you stream fire and emergency services radio from many places around the globe.

Trailguru is a nice hikin/biking GPS mapping program that has an online presence and lets you save your treks.

Say Where, which works with Google Maps, Yelp and Traffic.com, lets you speak your desired location into your phone so that it can attempt to find it.

I use Flashlight all the time, mostly as a reading light when I travel.

As for games, I like WordFu and Flight Control.
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

Tipstar - Tipping calculator
The weather channel
Epocrates
Urban Daddy - Like urban spoon or Around me but better
Cychosis- Bicycle log
KickMap - NYC MTA map (trains)
Flashlight

Games:
***Flight control *** F'ing addictive
glyder
Enigmo

Totally useless but ALWAYS fun

PBJTime
iPity
Inveniam Viam aut Faciam
I'm back biatches!

My son-in-law, Ed Scott, has adapted his award winning hurricane tracker, "Tracking The Eye" to iPhone.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

had an idea for an app that would be cool on the dz to locate cutaway mains, freebags or jumpers landing off. it would require the iphone 3GS though. basically, the user would launch the app and point their phone at the object/person they wanted to locate and record a bearing and location. another person (or persons) would go to a different location and do the same thing. the data would then be merged (using bluetooth or a lan connection) and a point of intersection calculated to give a starting point for the search. one person could do it alone if they jumped into a vehicle and moved around to get more readings, but obviously it would be better if you took a reading from multiple points simultaneously when the object was close to landing.

any programmers out there? i'd buy it!

actually, i hereby patent this idea and if anyone uses it, i get a cut.;)B|

"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

the user would launch the app and point their phone at the object/person they wanted to locate and record a bearing and location. another person (or persons) would go to a different location and do the same thing.

That's nothing the old Mark 1, Mod 0 eyeball can't do.
Owned by Remi #?

I can recommend the SkydiveApp:

http://skydiveapp.com/iphone/

Log book and dropzone database (for now - more to come).

But as I'm the author of the app take it with a grain of salt ;-)

Blue skies,
Stefan