riddler

Google giving free Wifi at airports

through January 15, 2010. 54 different airports - just bring your laptop, or WiFi phone, and surf away while waiting for your flight.

Here is a list of airports. Denver is not included [:/] But I'll be going to Cozumel at the end of the month, via Houston, so .... well, I guess it doesn't really matter to me, since I have a WiFi card with Verizon.

Google says they want to let people stay in touch over the Holidays, and suggest donating some money to a charity as a way of payment, but it's not required.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Doesnt Denver already have free wifi?

I have used free wifi in Denver some years ago, once. But I've tried several times since, and all I get are access to pay-as-you-go WiFi (something like $10). Now, if you are in the club lounges, it's usually free there, but I'm not important enough for that - lol.

I'll try it again if I get a chance.

Its easy for someone to sniff those out.

I wouldn't call it "easy" - some technical skill is required. People talk about doing this all the time, but I hang out with crackers, and I've never heard one actually do it. I mean, I know it's done, I just don't think it's as common as people think it is.

On the other hand, lose your wallet once, guaranteed a drug-dealer will steal your identity, and fifteen years later, they arrest you at Atlanta airport :P