hungarianchick

I think I'm gonna throw my new PC out the window...

What do you mean an "all in one" drive? For the various types of SD cards? Is it a USB item, is it something built into the computer? Have you checked your hardware listing to see if the driver has crapped out? Have you reinstalled the driver for the drive? Is the drive recognized and not working or not recognized by the computer at all?

Norton takes over a LOT of things on your computer, it could have effected your drive, but check your drivers first.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Get rid of Norton, it sucks......

If you need a security s/w go with Eset

I've been using their antivirus since 2004 and it rocks!!!!!
“The sum of intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.” - George Bernard Shaw
He who dies with the most toys, wins.....
dudeist skydiver # 19515
Buy quality and cry once!

Norton is bloatware in my book. I was using AVG for a while, but I encountered some problems with it, and Geek Squad found quite a few issues.

I've since been using Kaspersky, and have been very pleased with it. Seems to do its business without impeding my work at all.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

What do you mean an "all in one" drive?

I read "all-in-one's combo drive as the combo drive (i.e. CD RW/ DVD) in an all in one computer, like an iMac, but running Windows.

That's correct. It doesn't recognize any media I try shoving into it since last night. It keeps telling there is no disc/DVD/whatever in the drive when there is.
The whole darn thing is three months old and last night was the first time I used te drive to load the software...

"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food."

did you get your issue resolved, if you need help still reply back to me

Nope, still won't recognize media. Scanned driver, report says it works fine. Ready to rip my hair out.

my mac did not recognize media either....i inserted a laser lens cleaner, now works. maybe worth a try?

did you get your issue resolved, if you need help still reply back to me

Nope, still won't recognize media. Scanned driver, report says it works fine. Ready to rip my hair out.

my mac did not recognize media either....i inserted a laser lens cleaner, now works. maybe worth a try?

That may be the cheapest...:D

"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food."

It's a slot disc drive and when I check my drives all that are listed is the hard drive and "Norton Backup Drive" Huh? What's that supposed to mean? The slot drive supposed to be a CD/DVD combo drive.

This sounds as though the drive is not being recognized by the OS. That seems strange since you installed Office and Norton via the combo drive.

(I'm not sure how to correct that in Windows without a reinstall, but I'm not a WinGeek.)
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

I've used Avast! Anti-virus (free home addition) for over 4 years now and never had a single problem, and it also always detects any virus attempts on my computer.

http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

… it also always detects any virus attempts on my computer.

How do you know? What system do you have in place that would detect any attempts that Avast might miss? (I'm not being critical of Avast; I don't believe any A/V app catches 100% of malware. That doesn't mean that Avast is or isn't one of the best options.)
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

I've used Avast! Anti-virus (free home addition) for over 4 years now and never had a single problem, and it also always detects any virus attempts on my computer.

http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html

I tried Avast when my Norton was giving me problems. Unfortunately, it slowed my computer down to a crawl, to the point where I had to uninstall it. Interestingly, when I uninstalled it, Avast popped-up a questionnaire asking me why I was uninstalling their product. One of their pre-written choices was something like "slowed my computer down too much" - so it's not like they're unaware of the problem. It's too bad, because I like their product, but if it makes my computer effectively useless, it's of no use to me.