jf951

james bond's rig?

does anyone know what container bond uses for his HALO jump in tomorrow never dies?

heres a quick youtube video of the jump...its twards the end of the clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UX4_2Bh0Xk

ps anyone else catch how hes told to pitch it at 200ft...lol made me chuckle

Actually, he told him to pitch 200ft below chinese radar. Whatever altitude that is I have no idea.

edit: Just saw the actual deployment and that was incredibly low and about a 1 second canopy ride.:o:S

Wow, he opened it and then it came right off, just like Scott Lutz.:o:D

I'd say definitely an old Vector, but we could always just ask BJ Worth what it was.:)

From what I remember of all the 007 movies I've seen, the rigs are almost always Vectors.
Remster

From what I remember of all the 007 movies I've seen, the rigs are almost always Vectors.

You would think UPT marketing would be all over that!:P:D

fixed it for you! :)
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

You would think UPT marketing would be all over that!:P:D

fixed it for you! :)

Shows what i know:D:D

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Whatever it is, I doubt the manufacturer is offering the options you might be hoping for. Like the cutaway cable that doubles as a garotting wire

I've found that any cutaway cable works well for that. No need for fancy bells and whistles.

and you've found this, how exactly!? :o
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Well,I really didn't even watch the video....has to be a Vector though he;s a spy:P

And the "soldier spies" too. For the second Rambo movie, they wanted a BLACK rig. Everything black, Even the reserve pilot chute and bag which was never going to be seen. I think there was black Type XVII because for the back skip on the edge instead of gold for Type VII. (Might be wrong about that part, it's been 25 years after all) Michael Ray, the generel manager at the time, went to a lot of trouble the get black anodized hardware for the rig. IT WAS BLACK, BLACK, BLACK. We went to seen the movie and there's Rambo, geared up walking to the plane with his BLACK rig and all our attention was drawn to the RED cut-a-way handle. Hollywood. What can you say.

Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?