Shell666

I said goodbye to my little buddy ....

I had to put down my "big white cat", Herc, last night.

He hadn't been himself since Wednesday last week. Didn't want his treats, was tired, not eating. Come Sunday he wouldn't drink anything either.

Took him to the vet Monday, they put him on an IV to rehydrate him and ran some tests, xrays and an ultrasound.

The ultrasound showed a tumour in his abdomen on the duodenum.

I brought him home that night and took him back to the vet Tuesday morning for more IV fluids.

They did a needle biopsy and the results came back as lymphoma.

I brought him home Tuesday night and he was doing really well. They put him on Zantac and predazone and some antibiotics (he had a fever on Monday). They hoped the prednazone would help a bit.

Came home Wednesday and he wasn't himself. Was having trouble walking, went outside and layed down in the snow (he HATES the snow!) and when he came back in the house he could barely stand.

I called the vet and my dad, Bug and I went there with him. Hardest decision I have ever had to make but it was the best for him. I think he knew too. He just layed down on the bed on the floor.

We all got to be there and say goodbye to the big guy. He was so good and just layed down in his normal sleeping pose and let me hold his head and give him loves.

He was an AWESOME dog and a great brother for Bug. Finding another dog that can put up with her will be hard but I'll do my best.

He would have turned 8 on December 26th. How fitting for a boxer to born on Boxing Day.

Hercamer, I'm sure gonna miss you ya big white dork!!

Sweet dreams on the Rainbow Bridge ... :)
'Shell

I'm so sorry to hear. Putting down a pet, especially that young, is so hard to do. I don't know if it's a boxer thing but my friends 4 year old boxer got cancer that went to her lymph nodes.

It's sad, but it's the right thing to do versus have them be in agony. Doesn't make it any easier though. :(

Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

I'm so sorry to hear. Putting down a pet, especially that young, is so hard to do. I don't know if it's a boxer thing but my friends 4 year old boxer got cancer that went to her lymph nodes.

It's sad, but it's the right thing to do versus have them be in agony. Doesn't make it any easier though. :(

8 is pretty old in boxer life.

He had a good one too. Spoiled rotten. Lucky bastard. B|

He was the epitome of health all his life. But it is common for boxers to succumb to cancer.

Until last week, he was my healthyhappyhealthyhappyhealthyhappy boy.

It was a hard decision to make, but it was the RIGHT one.

Now to find a new big brother for Bug. She's missing him. But she has us so she's lucky too.
'Shell

He was the epitome of health all his life. But it is common for boxers to succumb to cancer.

Now to find a new big brother for Bug. She's missing him. But she has us so she's lucky too.

Wow!! I didn't know boxers lived such short lives. Such a shame! They are REALLY good pups!
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

Wow!! I didn't know boxers lived such short lives. Such a shame! They are REALLY good pups!

They average 10 years. Too short!

Yes., they are AWESOME dogs. I have another here that's only 2-1/2.

She's a little doll but needs another brother.

So, guess I'm looking for a 2 year old boy to keep up with my 2 year old girl!!!

Herc had a good, good life. Short as it was.

Love that big white dork.

:)
'Shell

Awww.. You poor thing.. :( Losing a pet is always so much harder than you think it's going to be - it's like losing a member of your family. Just know that it's ok to grieve even though in your heart you know you did the right thing. [:/]

Sounds like the little bugger really enriched your life B| You'll always have the memories..

N@

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Ohh that sucks to hear!!! :(

I'm very sorry for your loss Shell....:(

“The sum of intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.” - George Bernard Shaw
He who dies with the most toys, wins.....
dudeist skydiver # 19515
Buy quality and cry once!

the bigger the breed the shorter their life - generally. Great Danes are pretty lucky to make 10 ever.

I have now put down 4 or 5 dogs I have owned. It never gets any easier.

My heart goes out to you.
Loosing a friend is never easy, loosing one who had a special place in your heart and so close to the holidays is even harder.
I wish you and your family the best.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!