roostnureye

surfing and skydiving?

how many of you fellow skydivers are surfers as well? they just seem to compliment eachother so well, when its windy and rainy there are waves, and when its flat and sunny its jump time, just seeing if anyone else out there surfs and jumps and where they are from?
Flock University FWC / ZFlock
B.A.S.E. 1580
Aussie BASE 121

how many of you fellow skydivers are surfers as well? they just seem to compliment eachother so well, when its windy and rainy there are waves, and when its flat and sunny its jump time, just seeing if anyone else out there surfs and jumps and where they are from?

Bodhi?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I used to chase waves across the gulf coast years ago...still got a couple of sticks out in the garage...a 6”2' stewart that was mostly used during hurricane season and a longboard that ones a stewart too I think, that I used most of the time..doesn't get really big in louisiana.. I may have been in fourchon at the jetty when it was overhead a handful of times....other than that dork waves....but a ride is a ride. Best believe if there were waves to ride in my home state I was there.....LOL

never been in anything big....maybe one of these years
if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell

i love surfing. wish i could do it more, kinda like skydiving. . . all i need is the money. sucks to be jobless. :(
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

when its windy and rainy there are waves, and when its flat and sunny its jump time,

It's like anything else.

I am a fair-weathered woman. I enjoy too many things to do any one thing when the conditions are less than awesome. I golf when it is neither warm, nor cold. I skydive(d) when it was neither windy nor still. I surf when the waves are right for me and there is not lightning.

I find the conditions are always perfect for something I love to do.
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

I'm another Gulf Coast-er (Texas) ... catch waves when I get the chance. Beach jumps at Aransas Pass this weekend, which is really cool for me since that is where I first started surfing back in the mid 60's (yeah ... I'm an old fart!). For anyone in the area who hasn't been down there, the further south you go in Texas, the better the wave quality for the most part (deeper water near shore). I live near Houston, so hit Surfside mostly, but Aransas is still "home" to me in that respect. Still ride short boards.
As long as you are happy with yourself ... who cares what the rest of the world thinks?