skybytch

Post your best recent pictures!

The name sounds familiar. Was he taking a first jump course with Tom or Apex base? I did met a few of their students.

I know he was going to do a FJC with them, but i also know he has done a lobb or two. Sufy kinda dude, tall thin quitely spoken:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

The name sounds familiar. Was he taking a first jump course with Tom or Apex base? I did met a few of their students.

I know he was going to do a FJC with them, but i also know he has done a lobb or two. Sufy kinda dude, tall thin quitely spoken:)

Black hair?
Fly like a girl

Black hair?
it wasn't when he left here last month:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Hehe:D well, I met a few people so I'm not sure which one was him but, I hope he got at least a few jumps in. It was so windy:S

well if you go back there anytime soon, look him up, he is currently stying in the town near the bridge so i think he'll be there often :)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Check out the blooms on our San Pedro cactus. It just bloomed for the first time last night, and the flowers are almost as big as my face.

Gorgeous!

From a walk in the woods this morning:

1) Camouflaged butterflys.
2) Flower.
3) Flower with bug.
4) Gar in sunbeam.
5) Texas-size snail.

More, from a walk in the woods this morning:

1) Snake, almost stepped on this little fellow.
2) Spider, web glistening in sunlight.
3) Grumpy turtle.
4) Wooly booger.

I had a very cool deer encounter, with it grunting out a noise that sounded like a hawk. I kept looking up in the treetops for the source of the noise. Then I noticed a deer looking at me, and uttering the sound. Bambi bounded off before I could get the camera ready. It was a very strange noise it was making, and not something you would expect to come from a deer.

I needed this dose of nature.

Nice! It took me a sec to realize that the gar was not actually in the trees. :P What woods were you walking in?

Yes, that's an odd, almost surreal photo. The trees are reflecting on the surface of the water. And you couldn't see the gar unless he was in that patch of sunlight breaking through the trees. I just happened to get him in the right place at the right time.

This was in a few square miles of wilderness that serves as a flood basin, in the middle of Houston, Texas, suburbia.

General question for photographers. How do you get good photos of big spiders sitting in their webs? I took a lot, but most come out crap. I have an automagic camera that does it's own range determination and focus. I center the crosshairs right on the spider, but the camera usually thinks I'm taking a picture of the woods in the background. So the spider comes out fuzzy, like in the attached photo. The spider doesn't seem to present enough of a target for the rangefinder to work properly. I sometimes use the technique of putting my hand by a small object, like a flower, pushing the shutter button halfway down to lock the focus on my hand, then removing my hand and snapping the photo. But I can't stick my hand inside a spider web to use that same technique on them. So, what to do? Anything short of buying a $1,000 camera?

A few pics from a raft trip I went on through Lodore Canyon in Dinosaur National Monument.

All but one of these are High Dynamic Range (HDR) images stacked from multiple exposures to get a very high depth of tone. I've been playing with this a bit and these are some of the better results I've gotten.

here's one pic taken a few weeks ago, while living in paradise (AK), most of my new pics aren't downloaded yet. I'm working on it though :)
I've got some great ones though!!!

CReW Skies,
bubbles

"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM