skybytch

Post your best recent pictures!

After all the jumpers except the tandems had landed, I was walking off the landing area when "someone" told me there were tandems coming in. In my best laden with sarcasm voice I said "so?" Then he reminded me that they make good subjects to practice on.

So I went back to the peas and took these. Worth the effort, dontcha think?

How do you get such fine detail and such beautiful close-up shots like that? What kind of equipment does it take?

I was about to ask the same question. I was getting really good close-up shots with my Nikon Coolpix 5700, but it has recently crapped out on me, so I'm in the market for a new camera (one that's good for close-ups). Though I guess I was pretty happy with the Coolpix, so I may just get another one...

How do you get such fine detail and such beautiful close-up shots like that? What kind of equipment does it take?

I was about to ask the same question. I was getting really good close-up shots with my Nikon Coolpix 5700, but it has recently crapped out on me, so I'm in the market for a new camera (one that's good for close-ups). Though I guess I was pretty happy with the Coolpix, so I may just get another one...

Macro lenses are tremendous fun.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2823845;search_string=macro;#2823845
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2823845;search_string=macro;#2823845

I was not using a Macro lens. I was just using my Rebel XTi with the kit lens at 200 ISO and on Program AE.

The wasp was only a few inches from the lense. ;)

I was not using a Macro lens. I was just using my Rebel XTi with the kit lens at 200 ISO and on Program AE.

The wasp was only a few inches from the lense. ;)
Which is exactly how a macro lens works... ;) it enlarges the object to the size of the frame (0r larger depending on the design of the macro lens) and the program AE setting on the XTi is intended to set the depth of field such that a range of the some Kit lenses have a macro capability that works when the object is physically close to the lens... and some of them are very good lenses.

Of course I could be completely wrong and have absoutely no qualms about that... :P

Scott
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Of course I could be completely wrong and have absoutely no qualms about that... :P

Scott

:ph34r::ph34r:you are:ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?