skymama

Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?

Which day do you exchange presents with your family? My mom always liked us being dressed up instead of in pajamas, so we open them Christmas Eve. Santa still brings a few goodies in the morning and fills stockings, even to this day for my kids. This one day of the year, I think my daughter is glad her parents got divorced. She scores and gets presents from 4 families! :ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

We do it on xmas but everyone gets one gift to open xmas eve as a warm up/ practice for the big day. You can pick one gift to open unless the persons who is hosting it xmas says you can only open such and such gift. Usually it is PJ's...:D

I bet we are all getting PJ's again tonight. :D

TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

We dont wear PJs so that would make for good Christmas photos!!!

We open our prezzies Christmas day, after a hearty breakie (fry up) and glass(?) of Chapagne.

But this year I'm away from my wife... working in France, but I'm sure that it will be jolly & merry

How ever you do it ... Have a Great one.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

lonnnggg time ago... when we were kids...
Christmas eve would begin after dinner. Then
we'd walk next door to Grandma and Grandpas, often under a crisp cold, star lit night, for treats, for time with ALLLLLLL the cousins, Aunts and uncles,,,,and for smiles and hugs, as well as a token gift or two for each person there,,,,I was blessed with lots of wonderful cousins and a nice Italian Family,, all of whom got along with each other!!!!! ( go figure!!)

Then Christmas morning,
we spring up at 5 AM or so, and we 5 children would have to sit at the top of the stairs,,, until our Parents, who had their bedroom on the first floor,, would call us into the L room,. where Lo and Behold!!!!!!
Santa would have visited....

A few toys each,,, a few toys "common to us all"... and during those simple times, we were easy to please...
Ah...... so long ago..

Today... things are a little different.... My Mom prepares a "7 Fishes Dinner" for Christmas Eve...
Which ever siblings and their kids can attend,,, will.... We make it usually once every 3 or 4 years....
This is an ON year,,, and so we made the 6 hour drive earlier today..... and i post this response, from the computer in my Dads office..... while there are 20 other family members in the kitchen Family room dining room and living room.... munching appetizers, and sipping wine...
( i mentioned to my Mom that i really do not recall 7 fishes dinner,,, when we were young,, and In her wisdom, She replied,," it was only 2 fishes, then,, we were too poor!!!"...) ( She's the BEST!!)
so, tomorrow i'll be preparing a breakfast for everyone, with lots of goodies,, and (hopefully ) there will be a couple of gifts, for our children to enjoy Unwrapping....here at THEIR grandparents home...
Me???? i have NO need for ANYthing... and am happy with peace and harmony, a few snowflakes, and decent health...B|;):)
Merry Christmas to all, and to everyones families, near and far...
Skydive safely @ Z Hills , DeLand, Sebastian,,,, and everywhere, from east to west... North to South...

peace on earth. good will towards men.

jimmyboy:)

Merry Christmas, Andrea.
Whenever you open your gifts, if you even don't receive gifts, I'm sure you've had a magical time.
Sometimes you're a saucy smartass, but you seem to bring out the best in everything you touch.

Sometimes you're a saucy smartass, but you seem to bring out the best in everything you touch.

Aw, why thanks, Douglas. :$ Merry Christmas to you too! I got the Skydiving Bear yard ornament last night. I wonder how many skydivers are going to get that this year! :ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Neither, we have our presents on January 6th, Some thing to do with " los Reyes " ( the three wise men )
Christmas eve the children get little presents and some candy after beating hell out of a log with a long stick.

After twenty years of living in this country it still baffeles me why they have the tradition of giving kids their
main presents the day before they return to school

Gone fishing

Trying to teach my daughters that birthdays are when we receive presents, and Christmas is when we make things for other people, and help others. It's not working that well, since all the grandparents shower them with Christmas gifts anyway :D. But I'll keep trying, and I hope it'll eventually sink in.

Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD