turtlespeed

Monday Funnies

it's aggravating, thought I'd said that already. At one time nothing with motion was allowed-don't know if that's still the case-the flashing probably qualifies if so. Something about a waste of space or bandwidth or something like that.
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

it's aggravating, thought I'd said that already. At one time nothing with motion was allowed-don't know if that's still the case-the flashing probably qualifies if so. Something about a waste of space or bandwidth or something like that.

Or simply just annoyance.:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

just because i didnt find your monday unfunny funny doesnt mean you need to jump on the bandwagon and crack on my avatar.

Caption text is kinda fail and doesn't match the graphic very well either.

Graphic shows some sort of troll or monster in fuzzy slippers holding a cup of coffee and graphic text under him says "morning." Ok, uh, not really funny, but maybe it could be saved by the caption text, but no. The caption text is talking about a "happiness fairy" and "happy dust" neither of which are actually depicted. Further, if there was such a thing as a "happiness fairy" do I really care if the reagents required for him (or her or indeterminate sexless pronoun) to perform his job cost anything?

Hmmm . . . If you Google "happiness fairy" it's fairly obvious this is a pretty hack "joke" since so many variations on the image and so many variations of the caption text are attached to it.

One variation I found seems to work quite a bit better;
http://www.lostpixie.com/gallery/fairies/Happiness_fairy.jpg

Note they've correctly depicted a "fairy" with "dust" and correctly hold off telegraphing the "joke" until the actual punch line.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

just because i didnt find your monday unfunny funny doesnt mean you need to jump on the bandwagon and crack on my avatar.

Have you ever considered the avatar may in fact just be annoying?
quade -

Caption text is kinda fail and doesn't match the graphic very well either.

Graphic shows some sort of troll or monster in fuzzy slippers holding a cup of coffee and graphic text under him says "morning." Ok, uh, not really funny, but maybe it could be saved by the caption text, but no. The caption text is talking about a "happiness fairy" and "happy dust" neither of which are actually depicted. Further, if there was such a thing as a "happiness fairy" do I really care if the reagents required for him (or her or indeterminate sexless pronoun) to perform his job cost anything?

Hmmm . . . If you Google "happiness fairy" it's fairly obvious this is a pretty hack "joke" since so many variations on the image and so many variations of the caption text are attached to it.

One variation I found seems to work quite a bit better;
http://www.lostpixie.com/gallery/fairies/Happiness_fairy.jpg

Note they've correctly depicted a "fairy" with "dust" and correctly hold off telegraphing the "joke" until the actual punch line.

Are you sure you aren't applying your own preconceived notions of what a "fairy" actually looks like? This could actually be the true depiction of a fairy. (I haven't seen one so I can't say one way or the other.) It does not show the "fairy dust" (in this case the "happy dust" variety) because it is stated that the fairy deposited it all over the reader and is clearly expecting a response.:S

Are you sure you aren't applying your own preconceived notions of what a "fairy" actually looks like?

I've lived in SoCal and been part of the entertainment industry my entire life. I worked for Disney for 29 years. Trust me, I know what a fairy looks like.

I also know what Tinker Bell looks like. ;)
quade -

The maid asked for a pay increase.

'Now Maria, why do you want a pay increase?'

'Well, Senora, there are three reasons why I want an increase. The first is that I iron better than you.'

'Who said you iron better than me?'
'Your husband said so.'

'Oh.'

'The second reason is that I am a better cook than you.'
'Nonsense, who said you were a better cook than me?'

'Your husband did.'

'Oh.'

'My third reason is that I am a better lover than you.'
Wife: (really furious now) 'Did my husband say that as well?'

'No Senora...the gardener did.'

'So how much do you want?'

:D

A cowboy appeared before St. Peter at the Pearly Gates.

'Have you ever done anything of particular merit?'
St. Peter asked.

'Well, I can think of one thing,' the cowboy offered.

'On a trip to the Black Hills out in South Dakota, I came upon a gang of bikers, who were threatening a young woman. I directed them to leave her alone, but they wouldn't listen. So, I approached the largest and most tattooed biker and smacked him in the face .. Kicked his bike over, ripped out his nose ring, and threw it on the ground. I yelled, 'Now, back off or I'll kick the shit out of all of you!'

St. Peter was impressed, 'When did this happen?'

'Couple of minutes ago......'
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young