Bibliophile

Did anyone see/record/TiVo the CBS 60 Minutes segment on Wingsuit Base-Jumping?

Hello, everybody.

I see that 60 Minutes on CBS had a segment on wingsuit basejumping tonight, but I was unable to watch it.

I was wondering if anybody here saw it and recorded it or TiVo'd it. If so, please let me know if you can post it on youtube or burn it to disc.

I'd appreciate any assistance in the matter. Thank you.
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who
can do nothing for him."

- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I saw parts of it and it basically described what it waS and aired it in a VERY positive light. Which i was thankful for. Since most of the publicity BASE gets isnt as positive.
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

Any way to scroll forward in those videos...???... Every time I try and move the time slider ... it restarts at the beginning.

Quincy...

I had no problem fastforwarding directly to it. The "birdmen" segment starts at 27:00.
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who
can do nothing for him."

- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

It's on the CBS 60 Minutes web site. Full episode.
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/60_minutes/video/

Quade, thank you so much for that link. I got interested in something else last night and forgot all about it.

I've seen almost 40 years worth of these kinds of vidio articles and been part of severel, but this was by far the best reprsentation I've EVER seen. The "60 Minutes" crew didn't try to make it seem clever/crazy and all the guys were far more articulate than the average skydiver getting vidioed. I'm not articulate enough to say anything but, "Oh Man! That was just AWSOME!!!"
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

Any way to scroll forward in those videos...???... Every time I try and move the time slider ... it restarts at the beginning.

Quincy...

I had no problem fastforwarding directly to it. The "birdmen" segment starts at 27:00.

Must be something to do with the speed of the computer, it restarted on me too![:/]

I tivoed it when it originaly aired. still have it on there. I even burned a disc and sent it to the star of the show j.t. holmes himself. cause he said he wanted a copy. thought that was coolB|

i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

[url]

Greetings,

I watched the whole thing and it was very well presented.

And of course it was billed as "the most dangerous sport".

Ciao,
Mad Max

ANY way you slice it BASE is prolly one of if not the most dangerous sports out there. Im just happy they left out the " questionably legal circumstances" under which alot of jumps are done. Either way it wAs really interesting
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

questionably legal circumstances

Call me a realist arse hole but I'm not a fan of shows on BASE jumping when it only shows one aspect of it. I mean what if they done a show on skydiving and only showed CRW? I'm sure a lot of folks would be like "hang on a second here! Thats not all skydiving is!"

I for one don't give two craps how the picture is painted of BASE to the public as long as its the truth, then they can make their own judgments.

I'd like to see a show showing all the aspects of BASE jumping. That said, I still thoroughly enjoyed it.

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

Really? You REALLY want the general public to know what REAL base jumping is? Personally not me. The more ignorant people are that don't do it the better. I'll admit, part of me wishes there would be a story on real base. No sponsors, no helicopters, no cameras. (Well, the no camera part might not be possible for you Papparazzi:) ) That would be cool. On the other hand I would rather most people dont know that we're sneaking around their buildings, climbing their antennas, ducking along catwalks, and of course raping their virgin firstborns. If they don't know it's happening then they won't freak out about it. Right now we get away with what we do because no one is paying attention. Look at what your pal Jeb did in NY, now for the first time in history we have a law written to specifically ban base jumping.
"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero

He was asking for trouble. If he was ninja like me he'd have scaled that building on nothing more than a pack of slim jims, a mountain dew ad a pall mall.

Do you REALLY think that one segment like that would have hotels suddenly go "well fuck me, lets beef up security in case we get hit by BASE jumpers tonight" or some kid will sit outside the Millennium Hotel (shameless!) with an open tailgate going "i saw 60 minutes, we might catch us some BASE jumpers tonight "

Wow, you are shameless.

I would love to continue this arguement, but maybe we should do it somewhere else. I have no doubt it will turn into the normal shit flinging contest that it always does. However just in case we do happen to use even one morsel of accurate information maybe we shouldnt do it here in front of the...well....i call them "normies." :P

"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero

now for the first time in history we have a law written to specifically ban base jumping

damn that law, thats really gonna fuck things up isnt it? it would be a shame if base jumping was no longer legal. :S

If that is sarcasm then fail. As BASE is not illegal in itself. Eat the fail cake.

now for the first time in history we have a law written to specifically ban base jumping

damn that law, thats really gonna fuck things up isnt it? it would be a shame if base jumping was no longer legal. :S

Ignorance is bliss, but it doesn't mean you have a right to say anything just because you know jack shit.