keithbar

diamond rio / jimmy oleander

I was flipping thru the tube. and directv has a diamond rio concert they have been playing. anyone seen jimmy at a d.z. lately? just wondering if he still jumps. and watching that concert. anyone know why they have the drummer caged in with plexiglass???
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

The glass around the drummer is to soften the sound on the stage and keep from having to turn up the stage monitors or in ear monitors for everyone else because the drums are too loud. That is the short story.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

It has nothing to do with that volume of the system, the system is projecting away from the stage, where as the natural audio levels on stage for the drums is not amplified. The plexiglass is to contain acoustic energy from the drums. Plexiglass does not absorb sound; virtually all of the sound created by the drums is reflected. With more and more in ear monitors being used this is very common for on stage audio levels.

This only one reason why some people use them, some drummers like the sound these kits make keeping the sound redirected towards them and making the natural acoustics of the drums louder, it also will allow for the mics on the drums to use less over all volume gain for front of house projections.

I'd like to hear if Jimmy is still jumping too. He and his wife helped me during a plane crash in Tennessee. I didn't listen to country music and had no idea he was a star even though I jumped with him almost every weekend. He said he played music for a living, but I just thought it was a hobby. He's a very likeable modest guy.

Thats kind of a funny statement " helped me during a plane crash " ....what does that mean ? did they hold your hand and tell you its gonna be alright ? Did they cinch up your seat belt ? B| What does a statement like that mean ?

smile, be nice, enjoy life
FB # - 1083

Thats kind of a funny statement " helped me during a plane crash " ....what does that mean ? did they hold your hand and tell you its gonna be alright ? Did they cinch up your seat belt ? B| What does a statement like that mean ?

They were one of the first people on the scene. They helped people get out of the plane and get to the hospital. I had a head injury so my memory is a little foggy as to what exactly happended after impact, but I do know that they helped.

I know he was at the WFFC in Rantoul, but don't remember what year (wasn't 2006). So I think he may have still been jumping as recently as 2005. He started a family about then, so perhaps playing on the road and having a family kept him too busy for jumping for a while.
My favorite Diamond Rio song is "Sweet Summer" Man I remember that!
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

thanks. that makes alot more sense that anything i could come up with. i was like how often does he let a drumstick get away from him? are they afraid he's gonna put someone's eye out:P:D:D:D

i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

Yea the next time someone asks that is what I'm going to tell them, (with a straight face) he sucks as a drummer and he lost a stick a month ago and put out an eye in the crowd, insurance requirments made us install safety glass . :D