robskydiv

Nobody puts baby...

In a closet. Mike Leach, now ex-head football coach of Texas Tech for putting a player who was recovering from a mild concussion into an equipment room cage for 3 hours. The player happened to be the son of an ex-pro football player and current analyst on ESPN. Oops!!

CAGE...ya, an air-conditioned room with a chair that's out of the sun.

Whiny little bitch complains he's got a boo-boo, gets special treatment and complains he's not gettin' enough minutes on the field.

If daddy wasn't an almost somebody in the sports world, this kid would be washin' jocks for the bowling team.

SIUCC...that's why they issue helmets! :S

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Whiny little bitch complains he's got a boo-boo, gets special treatment and complains he's not gettin' enough minutes on the field.

If daddy wasn't an almost somebody in the sports world, this kid would be washin' jocks for the bowling team.

Sorry dude, but concussions are no joke. It's taken congressional hearings for the NFL to start to take them seriously. The number of ex-NFL players with serious issues due to multiple concussions is staggering.

And the college level sports are supposed to be about taking care of the kids. Yes, it's really just the true "minor league" for football and basketball, but it is more that that for a lot of kids.

And I don't see how punishing a kid by forcing him into a dark closet with a guard and threats of being kicked off the team if he tries to leave is an approprriate reaction to a serious injury.

That's (to me at least) the "old school" reaction to injury that takes no concern for the future (for a college age kid).

I only know what's been reported on ESPN. I am withholding final judgement until all the facts are revealed.

But if the allegations made by the parents are true, I hope the coach sees some real punishment. Perhaps even civil or criminal court level punishment.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Sorry dude, but concussions are no joke. It's taken congressional hearings for the NFL to start to take them seriously. The number of ex-NFL players with serious issues due to multiple concussions is staggering.

And the college level sports are supposed to be about taking care of the kids. Yes, it's really just the true "minor league" for football and basketball, but it is more that that for a lot of kids.

And I don't see how punishing a kid by forcing him into a dark closet with a guard and threats of being kicked off the team if he tries to leave is an appropriate reaction to a serious injury.

That's (to me at least) the "old school" reaction to injury that takes no concern for the future (for a college age kid).

I only know what's been reported on ESPN. I am withholding final judgement until all the facts are revealed.

But if the allegations made by the parents are true, I hope the coach sees some real punishment. Perhaps even civil or criminal court level punishment.

Well from the report I saw last night the 'cage' didn't look like a dark torture chamber to me. . .guess it depends on what your use to or willing to put up with.:ph34r:

"concussions are no joke"
No kidding? :o
30 some years ago I was a D.E. for a big 10 school, games & practices were filmed, head hits were tallied and graded for severity...if too many or too hard was a concern ya saw the Doc.

I also boxed collegiate, if knocked out ya saw the DOC, THREE times before cleared to fight again...if knocked out too many times ya got cut.

I'm betting the medical care hasn't gone DOWN in the last 30 some years on the collegiate level, however probably a safe enough wager the cupcake factor HAS gone up! ;)

>>And the college level sports are supposed to be about taking care of the kids. Yes, it's really just the true "minor league" for football and basketball, but it is more that that for a lot of kids.

I guess we're from different eras...

At 19, 20 & 21, I was putting on the exact same pads, spikes & headgear as an NFL player, without a paycheck...pullin' 16 hours of school work, skydiving and working in a bar.

The man I had to cover everyday in practice went NFL 1st round, I had NO illusions of ever makin' pro. . .'most of us' were there for two reasnons, a few bucks off tuition and getting to hit people without jail time.

My coach just off the line from the Lions rode me DAMN hard, the head coach went to the Raiders the year after I graduated...I can tell you without reservation, there weren't ANY 'Kids' wearing numbers.

Young yes, but so were the men coming home from Vietnam then...some of the colligate atheltes today don't have a clue about committment & sacrifice, only coddling and cash.

I know 1st hand...I have a son that could possibly be world class on the track, 2nd fastest in the county with half-hearted training at best. Won't persue it colligately because he knows we can afford to school him and he 'doesn't like getting yelled at' to run! :S:|:(

Oh come on 'twardo, we're becoming such a pussy nation anyway...
We wouldn't want to hurt anybody's feelings would we???

:S

:D:D:D

Yeah, just pull all the fuckin' scoreboards down and give 'em all a trophy just for showin' up and gettin' their pads on right! :S

:ph34r:

Didn't I just read that the NFL wants players to donate their brains to science when they die so the effects of head injuries in football can be better researched?

Why wait 'till they die?

Not like they need 'em after the game anyway! ;)

I vote O.J. goes 1st, let's start tomorrow! B|

I also boxed collegiate, if knocked out ya saw the DOC, THREE times before cleared to fight again...if knocked out too many times ya got cut.

So...ya got cut didn't ya. 'Splains alot of things ;)
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Didn't I just read that the NFL wants players to donate their brains to science when they die so the effects of head injuries in football can be better researched?

Head injuries have been a hot topic in the NFL this year, congressional hearings, new rules and all. About time really.

This makes me think about a receiver on the Bears a few years back- Tom Waddle. He'll probably never be remembered as a great player but he made some amazing catches- he would just leap up in the air and come down with the ball firmly in his hands. He also took a pounding with almost every single one - he'd catch the ball and get slammed before he had a chance to take a step, usually several times in a game. When he was interviewed after the game or even the next day, he could barely put together a coherent sentence and he just looked dazed and out of it. He'd be back to "normal" for any pre-game interviews later in the week. You had to wonder how much permanent damage he was doing. He's a sports reporter on TV now and seems fine.

So...ya got cut didn't ya. 'Splains alot of things ;)

Got 'cut' lots of times...usually over the eyes! :D

I fought because my dad was a boxer and taught me early, great way to keep in shape for football season.
...being a 'heavyweight', I was a real Mike Tyson in the ring~:)

~Bite, scratch, kick...lotta crawin' around lookin' for my mouthguard. ;)

Never did get knocked out, but fought a guy that was an Olympic candidate once, hit me so hard & so often he shoulda given me an engagement ring like Charlie Sheen does for HIS 'bitches' ! B|

~BTW, ya don't hear bells when yer brain bounces around the pan...it's more like birdies like in the cartoons! :)

I was a real Mike Tyson in the ring~:)

Bite, scratch, kick...;)

Anyone ever stolen your tiger? ;)

No...but they took my Midget from the bar parking lot once!

Didn't sweat it, damn MG was too small & never ran right anyway! :ph34r:;)

I guess times have changed. This crap Leach pulled, might have seemed tame compared to 50+ years ago. Anybody remember the Junction Boys story? Bear Bryant became the coach at Texas A+M and took his first team to some dry, hot and dusty shithole for summer camp. The team arrived in 3 buses, and went back home in 1. Weeded a lot of pussies out, and how he went about it would have had people howling for his head today. :S

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban