pnfilipowsky

Maytown Sport Parachute Club

I went to Maytown Sport Parachute Club in PA for the 1st time (i know, BEER!) with 2 of my friends this past weekend. Just wanted to say that it was an awesome, small cessna dropzone in which we will be returning to. The local jumpers were very friendly and inviting and made us feel right at home. After a day of great jumps, when we planned on leaving it seemed as if my friend had lost the car keys. Everyone at the DZ was more than willing to help us look for the keys and even offered us rides home (which was over an hour an half trip) even though it was WAY out of their way. All in all to put the icing on the cake, the DZ ended up giving us cessna ride home to get a set of spare keys. Saved us tons of time and I was absolutly floored by this! Just wanted to say "thanks for the lift!" and let everyone know that this is an awesome DZ that i fully recommend checking out.

If anyone from Maytown reads this post, we ,"the delmarva guys", left 2 cases of beer sitting right in front of the trailer for you all! Hopefully no whuffos stroll by and see it sitting there!

Once again Thanks for everything Maytown Sport Parachute Club!

-Zoo Crew B|

Awesome... but what the hell were you doing jumping in the middle of winter in PA?? Oh, I forgot, I'm old and won't jump when the temperature is below 50 degrees.

Sounds like a great DZ though. I started jumping on the east coast and always loved the people. Is Maytown close to Philly?

Blue Ones!

We're about 1.5 hrs west of Philly. Several of our jumpers make the drive from that area.

To the OP, glad you guys made it back alright. Did you find your keys, or are they out in the fields somewhere? I was hoping they got misplaced into my bag, and I could save the day; no such luck. Oh, and thanks for the beer. New Years eve just got 2 cases better. :)

Thanks for everything Maytown! I will defiantly be back..... FWIW, the rest of the night was an adventure as well. Once we got back home, we still had to break into the house, shotgun a beer, retrieve the spare keys, get sushi, buy a large amount of beer and then make the 1.5 hour drive back to get the car. And again back home. The people we met and the DZ we discovered was Totally worth the $240 in replacement keys/remotes and the new screen for the window we dismantled.

Yehaw... see you guys soon!!

Thanks again.:)

I gotta ask - where are your spare keys??

I carry spares for my car, truck, bike and front door in my wallet. Cost me all of $5 at the hardware store, and I ground off much of the head of each key so they don't take up too much space. They have carriers that are a little thicker than credit cards to keep them in.

It sounds like a great place to jump though. The folks in this sport usually are pretty cool:)

"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo