jf951

ARGH!!!! (waiting for cyrpes)

so i recently bout a new rig and got an extremely good deal on it...the catch...the cypres needed its 4 year. i had the cypress sent in towards the end of november around the 23rd-25th. and it still isnt back yet!
is this how long it normally takes?
im going stir crazy sitting around!
Jump more, Bitch less.

so i recently bout a new rig and got an extremely good deal on it...the catch...the cypres needed its 4 year. i had the cypress sent in towards the end of november around the 23rd-25th. and it still isnt back yet!

You didnt receive the confirmation email from them? The process is you send it into them, they send you a confirmation email once they receive it, you then click a link to approve the maintenance to be done. Once you approve it it takes 4-6 weeks.

Also, if you dont respond to the email within a certain period of time they resell your cypress to someone else. Apparently they got tired of them just sitting around and people not paying for the maintenance.

Ha! You're screwed.

Cypres closed down on the 19th December. So just before the time your cypres would have been shipped back to you, they went on their holidays... which is fair enough...
Cypresreopen on the 4th (today) and I am sure your cypres will be shipepd out this week.
Send an email to regina @ cypres.cc and I am sure she will respond within hours. Though please understand they will have hundreds of emails from peopel that cant put two and two together realising manufacturers also take holidays.

If you sent yours in around the 25th November then it is running on time. No it doe not usually take this long but when a manufacturer closes down for two weeks holidays, over this period you also have to allow for those 2 weeks.

Making a entire thread on your wait time seems a bit impatient, kind of comes across like you are complaining. Did you have holidays this year or did you have to work right through. Christmas is a very big holiday in Europe and most places close down.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Cypres closed down on the 19th December. So just before the time your cypres would have been shipped back to you, they went on their holidays... which is fair enough...
Cypresreopen on the 4th (today) and I am sure your cypres will be shipepd out this week.
Send an email to regina @ cypres.cc and I am sure she will respond within hours. Though please understand they will have hundreds of emails from peopel that cant put two and two together realising manufacturers also take holidays.

If you sent yours in around the 25th November then it is running on time. No it doe not usually take this long but when a manufacturer closes down for two weeks holidays, over this period you also have to allow for those 2 weeks.

Making a entire thread on your wait time seems a bit impatient, kind of comes across like you are complaining. Did you have holidays this year or did you have to work right through. Christmas is a very big holiday in Europe and most places close down.

Daaaayuuumm....Beat that for helpful!:o

thanks! yeah i was talking to my DZO (who i had send the cypres out for me) today and he said that they shut down for the holidays. not to mention that every kid and their brother is sending their cypres in during the down season.
i have no doubts as to the fact that theyre working their butts off, i didnt mean to sound like i was complaining to the company...i was just stating my frustration and recent irritability due to not having jumped in forever and a little bit more

You don't need a cypress to jump:S

its not that i need a cypres to jump. i dont wanna pay for a reserve repack do a few jumps then have to pay for a second reserve repack when the cypres comes back
Jump more, Bitch less.

sent in towards the end of november around the 23rd-25th. and it still isnt back yet!

I took them all summer one year to do my 4 year check. That's right, 3+ months of summer jumping without my AAD. Think they credited that part of its life span to me? No way.

F--k 'em, that's why our family has Vigils now.;)

Many riggers will install a Cypres and re-close their own pack job for much less than the price of an air, inspect, and re-pack. Most of the AI&R time is spent inspecting every seam (which requires crawling inside every cell or half-cell) and bar-tack and doing the meticulous folding before it goes in the bag so many people will charge less just to re-close.

Get it packed, jump, and get the Cypres installed by the same rigger when it comes back.

At some DZs it's mandatory no AAD no Jumpy for ANYONE regardless of skill level or time in sport
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

At some DZs it's mandatory no AAD no Jumpy for ANYONE regardless of skill level or time in sport

Yep. Damn safety Nazis. They'll be saying next you're not allowed to just pad out your reserve tray with wadded up newspaper. :o

True, but those dzs, so far, are few and far between. In other words I'm sure there's another dz close by where AADs are not mandatory.

Yep. Damn safety Nazis. They'll be saying next you're not allowed to just pad out your reserve tray with wadded up newspaper. :o

You're not allowed to do that now at some DZs??

Shit!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message