skittles_of_SDC

Why are heiresses so fucked up?

The Johnson and Johnson heiress died yesterday. There is no cause of death yet but it is known that she had a drug problem. http://content.usatoday.com/communities/entertainment/post/2010/01/tmz-johnson--johnson-heiress-dies/1

They all do drugs and party all the time. If I was heir to that much money my ass would be in the MBA program at U of C or Northwestern.

The Johnson and Johnson heiress died yesterday. There is no cause of death yet but it is known that she had a drug problem. http://content.usatoday.com/communities/entertainment/post/2010/01/tmz-johnson--johnson-heiress-dies/1

They all do drugs and party all the time. If I was heir to that much money my ass would be in the MBA program at U of C or Northwestern.

Ya ever been around Money? I've only been around The Playboy club back in the 70's, (My girlfriend worked and modeled there) and some Hollywood folks, the Cocain, flows...Big time...When it isn't a bite in your wallet, much easier to get carried away wiht it!

Plus, the same attitude it takes be be Rich,/successful , and a go getter, is the same personality of an over achiever/addict type person...JMO

Plus, the same attitude it takes be be Rich,/successful , and a go getter, is the same personality of an over achiever/addict type person...JMO

I disagree.

If you're rich & successful you probably made it on your own and that takes clarity of mind along with drive & determination.

If you're just 'rich' because of winning the gene pool lottery and haven't had to WORK for your $$$, then drugs fill the bored gap in yer life.

I know a lot of rich & successful people, they are all pretty smart...they don't do drugs because they know it can/will shorten life expectancy and the ability to enjoy the fruits of their labors.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

People bag on folks on welfare all the time for not being motivated enough to get a real job. If you're rich enough and have millions of dollars, then where's the motivation to do anything?

Everybody has potential, but if you have no motivation, yeah, I can see where a person could easily fall into the trap of crazy assed drugs rather than using the money to better themselves or others.

I also find it somewhat hilarious that once a motivated person does have the means to better themselves or the world, they're frequently derided as "do-gooders" or "limousine liberals".

Kind of seems like no matter what a person does they'll end up getting screwed over by popular opinion.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Something must be said about idol hands.
Having that kind of money and next to no responsibility or reason to live or the concept of what it means to work.....
Some of the most messed up people I ever knew were trust fund babies. The most alone the most out of touch people I have ever met.
There really is something to be said about hard work and grounding people with reality.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

I disagree.

If you're rich & successful you probably made it on your own and that takes clarity of mind along with drive & determination.

If you're just 'rich' because of winning the gene pool lottery and haven't had to WORK for your $$$, then drugs fill the bored gap in yer life.

I know a lot of rich & successful people, they are all pretty smart...they don't do drugs because they know it can/will shorten life expectancy and the ability to enjoy the fruits of their labors.

My wording, as usual, was bad, I meant the personally that is "Driven" very often is the same as an addictive personality....one can't get enough drugs/fun/thrills, the other can't get enough wealth...which explains so many suicides among wealthy self made men! They are very driven, and seldom happy with where they are...always wanting more!

maybe I worded it better this time, [:/]

She was both diabetic with problems from it, and apparently fucked up in many ways. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

She was both diabetic with problems from it, and apparently fucked up in many ways.

It is very likely that is the case. It's just a pet peeve of mine when people say is "an idiot" or "fucked up" when they're clearly wrong or have no idea what they're talking about.

They all do drugs and party all the time

...because they don't understand hard work. Their parents spoiled them...they have everything handed to them on a silver platter. They're too busy being spoil & too busy spending the money, too busy to appreciate the things they have.

Now having said that, I also know that there are rich people who are nice, kind and generous with their resources. I work with a few of them on establishing homeless shelters & orphanages....however, those are a rare find.
"Love is doing small things with great love."

Lacrosse: Legally beating men with sticks since 1492

People bag on folks on welfare all the time for not being motivated enough to get a real job. If you're rich enough and have millions of dollars, then where's the motivation to do anything?

Everybody has potential, but if you have no motivation, yeah, I can see where a person could easily fall into the trap of crazy assed drugs rather than using the money to better themselves or others.

I also find it somewhat hilarious that once a motivated person does have the means to better themselves or the world, they're frequently derided as "do-gooders" or "limousine liberals".

Kind of seems like no matter what a person does they'll end up getting screwed over by popular opinion.

80+% of millionaires are first-generation rich. The "heir/heiress" model is a visible exception.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

And a million dollars isn't what it used to be.

It would be interesting to see if the numbers drop off at 10 and 100 million and 1 billion.

I have heard the expression, "No man is buried next to
his grandfather."

Essentially, the personality and choices of two generations
ago are seldom present in the third.

I worked construction jobs when I was in college and
have continued to support myself since then.
If I win $25 million in the lottery, I plan on never working again.
Also, I would become involved in most of the known forms
of excess and foolishness.

Up to this point, I just haven't had the choice.
(I blame this on poor parenting. My parents weren't
the Kennedys.)

She was both diabetic with problems from it, and apparently fucked up in many ways.

It is very likely that is the case. It's just a pet peeve of mine when people say is "an idiot" or "fucked up" when they're clearly wrong or have no idea what they're talking about.

Her own fiance said she thinks she OD'd on pills. Even if it were that she died from diabetes that doesn't mean she wasn't fucked up. Ever watch the show Intervention? Those people are living and didn't die from drug addiction but it doesn't change the fact they are fucked up. It appears you are the one that doesn't know what they are talking about.

If you're gonna call people "clearly wrong" you might wanna try being right. :P

It appears you are the one that doesn't know what they are talking about.

Clearly all that fap time in your mom's basement makes you an expert on the lives of heiresses. I defer to your learned judgment.

Can you point me to an article that says it was most likely diabetes? Were you with her last night when she died? Are you a friend of hers and she told you she's clean now?

For someone who claims others don't know what they are talking about you sure aren't offering up a whole lot of evidence to support your claim.

It appears you are the one that doesn't know what they are talking about.

Clearly all that fap time in your mom's basement makes you an expert on the lives of heiresses. I defer to your learned judgment.

Can you point me to an article that says it was most likely diabetes? Were you with her last night when she died? Are you a friend of hers and she told you she's clean now?

For someone who claims others don't know what they are talking about you sure aren't offering up a whole lot of evidence to support your claim.

Exactly. I'm claiming nothing because I don't know. Before today I had never even heard of her.
You were the one claiming they all did drugs and partied all the time.
I guess the only thing I do know in relation to this young woman's death is that you don't know anything about it, other than what the National Enquirer or whatever other equally reputable source your information is coming from tells you. That and statements such as they all do drugs is just stupid.

eta: Quicker than I can keep up with. Good source.