keithbar

man vs wild and the magical bear grylls

i don't usually watch his show but it was on and I happened to catch the last of a new episode. he's floating on a homemade raft. spots some boats on shore. stands up does a front flip into waist deep water. comes out of the water at a jog. and seconds later he's jogging thru a village. bone dry. and his timeing is so magicly good the chopper is sitting there waiting rotors turning:S.... his show is such a crock
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

i don't usually watch his show but it was on and I happened to catch the last of a new episode. he's floating on a homemade raft. spots some boats on shore. stands up does a front flip into waist deep water. comes out of the water at a jog. and seconds later he's jogging thru a village. bone dry. and his timeing is so magicly good the chopper is sitting there waiting rotors turning:S.... his show is such a crock

Totally agree!!!

This guy is a complete pussy compared to Survivorman's - Les Stroud. Actually he's just a pussy anyway.

I saw this episode where he was sliding down a hillside of broken up shale rock, couldn't have been going more than 15mph. He gets to the bottom and tries to say that he hit like 50 mph.. sliding on his ass.
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

I laugh when i see him jumping into a survival situation, with a full video crew!

If I EVER land that far out, its probably about time to call it even with the skydiving gods and hang up my rig...
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

This guy is a complete pussy compared to Survivorman's - Les Stroud.

They don't make a greater-than sign big enough to accurately represent:

Survivorman > Man vs. Wild
--
Turn off the internet! Join Citizens United Negating Technology For Life And People's Safety!

http://www.citizensunitednegatingtechnology.org/

What is sad is that he is still better then the Apocalypse Man show that was on last night. That guy made Bear Grylls look like a conservative survival expert!

Don't these people know that doing stupid stunts ends up getting you hurt. Something that would be annoying now, like a decent ankle sprain, could mean that you are now in a very serious situation. I would consider that common sense, but hey, who says its so common?
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

So much of that show is obviously staged. I explained to my kids that the show is like Dora the Explorer but with no Dora- just the monkey. He's not navigating his way out of being lost. He always has prominent terrain features to navigate to so I think they set it up like a Dora episode. "First I have to get to the tall mountain, go through the deep valley and then paddle down the river" to get to extraction point.

Yet still we watch it. I'm guilty, I saw the episode last night too and was laughing when he got onto the chopper bone dry.
Andy
I'll believe it when I see it on YouTube!

I can appreciate both Bear and Les...
Bear can obviously take more chances and do more extreme stuff than Survivorman. He's got the camera crew right there with him should something happen. He can afford to take the chances that someone in a true life or death situation would risk.

I do have more respect for survivorman, but the show can get to be a little boring cause he's not taking the chances that could end in disaster for obvious reasons.

And giving yourself an enema of dirty bird shit water? That was just straight disgusting. Did he at least give himself the privledge of a little spit?

When Chuck Norris does pushups he doesn't push himself UP, he pushes the world DOWN.

Man vs Wild is entertaining and shows what you could do in the wild, certainly not what you should do.
I will be kissing hands and shaking babies all afternoon. Thanks for all your support! *bows*

SCS #8251