FlyingJ

Roll Tide / Hook 'Em Horns?

I would really like to think it's in the master plan. Alabama playing like they have their heads up their asses to let the horns get complacent at which point the band will come on the field at half time and spell "PSYCH" and Alabama will come back out to stomp 'em.

Unfortunately I think Alabama really does have their heads up their asses.
Killing threads since 2004.

So McCoy?

Really want to see him come back into the game and able to play. I want Alabama to stomp Texas, but I don't want it to happen without Texas able to play at their best. I think Alabama deserves the title and don't want to see that with the asterisk.

So McCoy?

Really want to see him come back into the game and able to play. I want Alabama to stomp Texas, but I don't want it to happen without Texas able to play at their best. I think Alabama deserves the title and don't want to see that with the asterisk.

Horns all the way. But you're right, without McCoy, we will never know what the true outcome of this came shall or would be. Too bad. Always be that in the back of everyones mind.

If nothing else I wish the injury would have happened later in the game so we would have seen the direction of the game to start.

Alabama's defense is crushing them and it's not all just the freshman quarterback, though it's obviously playing a role.

Just a fuck all of a game. Even if Texas comes back and starts really playing well it will still always be "but what if..."

10-point lead, 2 minutes....
TX made a game of it until they decided they didn't really want it and chose to not block the outside man.

Tough game for the freshman Gilbert. Trial by fire.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Come on Pops, with all the laundry being thrown at Bevo, of course the D is going to get a little shy.

Bullshit, Bullshit, Bullshit.
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

Win or lose, mad props to Gilbert for at least making it a game.

Especially after having literally no playing time this season, so McCoy could have his quest for The Heismen/learn to shave.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Win or lose, mad props to Gilbert for at least making it a game.

Especially after having literally no playing time this season, so McCoy could have his quest for The Heismen/learn to shave.

Also, throwing 2 touchdown passes in a national championship game is not too shabby for any QB........especially against a defense like Bama's.

Gilbert look shaking on many many plays, but you have to believe he gained a lot of experience in this game which will help him next season and the years to come.

It was a tough blow for TX to lose McCoy so soon in the game, but they should be proud of their effort in the 2nd half. The Longhorns could have easily rolled over and played dead, but they did the opposite and made the 2nd half worth watching.

BTW: Congrats to the Crimson Tide for your undefeated Championship season.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Have to admit I went nuts early in the 1st quarter when Alabama tried to pass on 4th and 25 on a fake punt and got intercepted, and later Texas recovered the un-touched ball on the kick-off after their first FG. I was like what the fuck happened? One of those rules I didn't know about.... but the defense held up impressively on those first two Texas drives. It could have been 14-0 Texas if they had not lost McCoy. :S

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban