mnealtx

I could use a few prayers...

Thanks, everyone -

Jim's condition is unchanged - I got the Red Cross message yesterday afternoon and I'm trying to find flights now. We've got 'winter weather' with freezing fog, so a lot of flights are canceled.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Sorry to hear it Mike.
Has he been in poor health or is this something that came out of nowhere.

(not that one case is any better than the next)

Hopefully, he gets well.

My bro is 3 years older than I and He doesn''t take much care of himself. I fear one day I 'll get that call.
My photos

My Videos

This was a fairly sudden development. He had had a heart attack earlier this year and angioplasty and a stent put in.

He went to the hospital Tuesday morning with shortness of breath and tachycardia (extremely fast heart rate, in this instance >200). They had to shock him several times to get him back on a normal rythym. The docs think that he may have had another heart attack that triggered the tachycardia or that he may have had a heart attack during the attempts to stabilize his heart rate.

His cardiac function is severely depressed (around 20%) and he has septic pneumonia and is skirting the edges of renal failure. They have him on a ventilator and are treating the pneumonia, but they can't dialyze him because of the heart problem and something about sodium.

Nobody is giving up, but the situation looks pretty grim.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Spoke with the family... condition is slightly better but basically unchanged (they've not had a chance to consult with the docs yet).

He's under dialysis and is on some sort of medication to keep his heart beating (beta-blocker, maybe?). They have him sedated and still on the ventilator.

I'll be flying out on the 1st via London / Dulles / DFW and returning on the 9th, so I'll at least have a chance to say goodbye.

Londoners: Please advise on logistics/difficulty in getting from Gatwick to Heathrow after an evening flight (arrive LGW 2130, depart LHR 1055).
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Hi Mike,

Did this change last week.
Customs & baggage'll take 45 min
You can get the Gatwick Express (trains leave every 15 mins) to Victoria (30min trip)
District Line (Green) to Acton Town (i.e. direction Ealing / just plain West)
Change to the Picadilly Line (Blue) to Heathrow.

Total time shouldn't be much more than 2 & half hours...

Besides the travel woes, trust, believe, pray. It ain't over till your brother decides it is.
A VERY MERRY UNBIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!
D.S # 125

*huge sigh of relief*

Thanks, everyone, for the prayers and kind thoughts - they definitely helped and I got the best Christmas present ever!

Looks like Jim is going to be ok. While I was enroute to Texas, he turned the corner and is recovering well. He's going to be on heart meds and will have to have a pacemaker, but the docs are very optimistic about his prognosis.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

*huge sigh of relief*

Thanks, everyone, for the prayers and kind thoughts - they definitely helped and I got the best Christmas present ever!

Looks like Jim is going to be ok. While I was enroute to Texas, he turned the corner and is recovering well. He's going to be on heart meds and will have to have a pacemaker, but the docs are very optimistic about his prognosis.

Awesome!! Best news I've read all day! :)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

*huge sigh of relief*

That's great news!!!! Let me know if there is something you need help with.
7 ounce wonders, music and dogs that are not into beer

Hey buddy, you've had a very rough time through the last 18 months. Remember that you have friends who love you and that you're a good person. I'm sorry for your loses. I'm proud to be able to consider you a friend. I hope that this year brings you more joy then the pain you've had to endure!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."