dropdeded

those BRIGHT, ass, fucking, headlights.

I drive a lot at night. Yeah, you can see great, and so much safer for you. But ya know, Im getting tired of having to look someplace other than the road in front of me because I cant fucking SEE!!! If I cant tell if its your brights, I flash you then Im REALLY fuckin blindedB|>:(

Just wanted to share the love, have a great evening:|
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

I drive a lot at night. Yeah, you can see great, and so much safer for you. But ya know, Im getting tired of having to look someplace other than the road in front of me because I cant fucking SEE!!! If I cant tell if its your brights, I flash you then Im REALLY fuckin blindedB|>:(

I'm with you on that shit. Was just talking with a friend of mine about how BRIGHT they are. Even here in the city, they BLIND me!!! And I drive an SUV and the little hopped up POS Honda's are KILLING me!!!

PSA folks ... don't blind the other drivers out there ....
'Shell

The other side.

I drive an 01 ford F-150, stock headlights.
Had a guy tonight turn on his left signal, brake, then right, brake, speed up, break.

I got the message. I flashed high beams & HE got the message.

Yes, some are over kill, blind them back is all I can offer. :|

I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!

I imagine more than a few folks out there need to do a bit of adjusting too. Only takes a few minutes, and chances are if you aim 'em properly they'll work a lot more effectively without blinding everyone else quite as intensely!
Killing threads since 2004.

I imagine more than a few folks out there need to do a bit of adjusting too. Only takes a few minutes, and chances are if you aim 'em properly they'll work a lot more effectively without blinding everyone else quite as intensely!

That's my thinking too, the headlight position is often incorrect, on the HID lights.
I do plan on putting them on my Guzzi when it's rebuiltB| I LIKE being seen:ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

sadly it all the go here as well, and half the clowns never get out of the burbs anyway. Why they need them apart from a fashion statement I dont know. We have also taken to calling fog lights , driving lights. So now people are driving around with two sets of headlights in fine weather :S very cool :S
regards, Steve
the older I get...the better I was

I'm with you on that shit. Was just talking with a friend of mine about how BRIGHT they are. Even here in the city, they BLIND me!!! And I drive an SUV and the little hopped up POS Honda's are KILLING me!!!

PSA folks ... don't blind the other drivers out there ....

I hardly notice them at all in my truck

Anyhow, I hate those extra-bright, silver-light headlights. I once got into a debate on here with a certain engineering type who was saying, "..well, technically, they're not really brighter, they' re just ... blah blah blah .... candela per lamp... . blah blah, etc." Well, I don't really give a shit; all I know is that they blind me. And I'm more than happy to give people a dose of my high beams to thank them for their social selfishness. Fuckers. They ain't worth shootin' on a cold night.

Since I've gotten my car, I may have been highbeamed by other drivers a handful of times max. Although the are bright a hell, the technology Lexus (and BMW, Acura, etc) engineers but into the lighting makes them bearable to opposing drivers.

The obnoxious ones are those cheap ass 20.00 bulbs jackasses stick on their Hondas.

But, once you've driven with them, you'll realize how much you weren't seeing at night. I haven't used my high beams in 4 years

That's because your new low beams are brighter than everyone else's high beams.:P

And/or out of adjustment.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Since I've gotten my car, I may have been highbeamed by other drivers a handful of times max. Although the are bright a hell, the technology Lexus (and BMW, Acura, etc) engineers but into the lighting makes them bearable to opposing drivers.

Not so fast. I did a scientific study of all the people who drove opposite you at night since you got your car. 87% of them said they'd love to know where you park your car overnight.

Oh - and I asked them why most of them didn't highbeam you, since obviously you're basing your "bearability" presumption on that. They responded that they were so filled with rage that they had trouble finding the switch in time.

>Anyhow, I hate those extra-bright, silver-light headlights . . .

There was an article I saw a while back about a driver complaining about the new headlights, how the old headlights had sort of a friendlier glow, but the new-technology headlights were blinding. People were going to be killed! he said.

The article was written in 1920 by someone condemning incandescent lamps, which were replacing carbide and oil lamps of the time.

I like the 100 watt bulbs in my bike.

If I hit the high beams you know it for sure.

I REALLY need to work on the lighting for my bike. I never ride at night because I just can't see more than about 30 feet or so in front of me and there are just too many deer/critters out where I live to have that short a distance unveiled in front of me.

It's been on the to do list for more than a year. Must. Get. To. It!
Killing threads since 2004.

The other side.

I drive an 01 ford F-150, stock headlights.
Had a guy tonight turn on his left signal, brake, then right, brake, speed up, break.

I got the message. I flashed high beams & HE got the message.

Yes, some are over kill, blind them back is all I can offer. :|

But you need to be careful.
Back about '77 a friend said that he had found a solution to the problem. No one ever accused this guy of being subtle. One night on a 2 lane road with a ditch on each side, the oncomming car wouldn't dim their lights. So my friend picks up his 2,000,000 candle power Q-Beam Spotlight from the seat beside him and shined it into the oncomming headlights. Just as he was going by the other car, who was heading into the ditch,he saw the Jacksonville Police paintwork on the door. No, he didn't stop or even slow down. He took the spotlight out of his car and mentioned that he probably should not have a gun in his car either.
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

I like the 100 watt bulbs in my bike.

If I hit the high beams you know it for sure.

I currently have 120/90s on mine, had to put in an extra relay to cope with them:ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?