Nataly

Mixed feelings...

My new man is moving to another country in one week.. [:/] I thought I'd be totally cool with it, but it turns out I fancy him & don't much like the idea that seeing him from now on will involve getting on a plane (as opposed to the bus)..

Boo.

That's all.
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

I'm using the math.

US Census - Florida

Female adult population

never married 1,373,809
married with spouse 3,306,249
married without spouse 356,494
widowed 826,317
divorced 851,134

The non-marrieds are almost 3 million.
(and ignoring the 10% who are married, but cheating)

Eliminating the non-target age group reduces it to 1 million.

Dropping out a few undesirables due to fitness or
mental health (skydivers) challenges brings it down to 200,000.

I don't want her to have to drive too far, so that makes it 10,001.

I did some quick math just in case the woman that
I'm dating turns out to not be "the one".

Nice to know that there are another 10,000 out there.
;)

did you tell him?

*sigh*.. dunno.. I don't know what to say exactly.

He knows I'm excited for him on the job front and I think it's great that he's going for it... And he must know I'm very fond of him because I'm like the *worst* person in the world for hiding my feelings even if I don't say anything.. But have I told him my heart is breaking a little at the thought of him leaving?? No. Just don't have the courage to own up to that yet.
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

did you tell him?

*sigh*.. dunno.. I don't know what to say exactly.

He knows I'm excited for him on the job front and I think it's great that he's going for it... And he must know I'm very fond of him because I'm like the *worst* person in the world for hiding my feelings even if I don't say anything.. But have I told him my heart is breaking a little at the thought of him leaving?? No. Just don't have the courage to own up to that yet.

Is this the same guy that has very recently fathered a child with an ex?

have I told him my heart is breaking a little at the thought of him leaving??

That seems like the perfect way to express yourself to him.

Good luck Nataly!

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

The same one.
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

The same one.

Why are you clinging to a man who is clearly unavailable? /

Dr. Laura is an American radio personality/author if you have no idea who I'm talking about.

The same one.

Why are you clinging to a man who is clearly unavailable? /

Call me cynical, but to me the most obvious thing would have been for him to say "listen.. it was fun, but we both know it ain't gonna work".. But he didn't do that...

As soon as he told me he was taking the job, he immediately followed that up with telling me we could still see each-other every weekend, that flights really were very cheap, etc., and he was sincere about wanting to continue the relationship. So I was really flattered and reassured that he was so quick to assume there wouldn't be a problem.. I'm just not sure it's so simple for me.. I don't have a big jet-setting lifestyle..
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

have I told him my heart is breaking a little at the thought of him leaving??

That seems like the perfect way to express yourself to him.

Good luck Nataly!

g

Yeah if you want to use emotional black mail:ph34r::ph34r:

I think something more like.. "I know i said i was fine with you moving OS, but as it draws nearer i find i am having a lot more difficulty with it than i thought i would"

I would prefer to hear that, than the "you're breaking my heart" routine
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Is this the guy that started the "If you wanted get out of a relationship where would you claim to be moving to?" thread?

Yes.. Someone felt that starting that thread was an appropriate response to my current situation. Go figure. Seriously.. There are easier ways of dumping someone than pretending to move out of the country!!
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

I'm just not sure it's so simple for me.. I don't have a big jet-setting lifestyle

I wouldnt worry all that much about leaving/ammending your current lifestyle for someone your willing to take a chance on... Havent you seen Good Will Hunting?;):D:|.

Its not a bad thing to at least try to explore the outer parameters of your own comfort zones. A big jet-setting lifestyle (minus the cash expenses) could be very exciting. Coincidentally, what does he do for work and what country is he moving to?
"We didn't start the fire"

I'm just not sure it's so simple for me.. I don't have a big jet-setting lifestyle

I wouldnt worry all that much about leaving/ammending your current lifestyle for someone your willing to take a chance on... Havent you seen Good Will Hunting?;):D:|.

Its not a bad thing to at least try to explore the outer parameters of your own comfort zones. A big jet-setting lifestyle (minus the cash expenses) could be very exciting. Coincidentally, what does he do for work and what country is he moving to?

Some good points.. But someone kindly sent me a PM pointing out another pretty obvious point - which is that once the baby is born I'll hardly be a priority in his life.. And I can't really fault that logic.

[:/]

He's an IT consultant, btw. So he could work anywhere. So could I if I set myself up independently.. But I'm not yet at that stage in my career.

Anyway.. Thanks for the input guys. Gives me a lot to think about.
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Ok allow me to be the dumb one.
In skydiving for every girl there are what...30 guys?
And some of them are actually nice guys who look half decent and brush their teeth and ware clean undies or no undies at all.

Girl your kind of like the hot chick in the engineering class. Just point at two guys at your local DZ tell them to fight to the death using spoons and that the one that lives will have the privilege of taking you out to dinner and may get to hug you!

But on a serious note, life isn't easy...in fact i think it down right sucks. And shit like this....seems to happen way more often than it should. I mean ok sure take his offer to fly to and from where ever he is on his dime.

It could be fun or you could end it and spend a few months single until you find another guy who is over 5'10" has a six pack and great arms....and oh yeah makes you laugh (god i hate when girls say that in order to cover up their true wants).
Long story short, as my step father says, "there are no good decisions and no bad decisions just decisions."

Take a deep breath and jump either way. I'm sure you'll do well.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Shah.. If I told you I had a dog and this dog was pissing on my carpets, you wouldn't tell me to go get myself a new dog that is better house-trained!!

Not that I'm comparing my man to a dog that needs to be house-broken, but I'm just saying I don't think the solution is to find myself a new guy.. I mean, thanks for boosting my ego, but the truth is I like *this* guy and the situation is complicated.. Look. If it doesn't work out, *then* I will start to think about where to find myself a good guy.. But that is not at the moment what I'm trying to figure out.
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Shah.. If I told you I had a dog and this dog was pissing on my carpets, you wouldn't tell me to go get myself a new dog that is better house-trained!!

Not that I'm comparing my man to a dog that needs to be house-broken, but I'm just saying I don't think the solution is to find myself a new guy.. I mean, thanks for boosting my ego, but the truth is I like *this* guy and the situation is complicated.. Look. If it doesn't work out, *then* I will start to think about where to find myself a good guy.. But that is not at the moment what I'm trying to figure out.

Nat, I guess what i was trying to say is that give this flying thing a shot. See where it takes you and if works then great if not then....well I'm sure you'll find a nice guy at any of your local DZ's.
I know you are going to argue with me on this point but....dating is so much easier for you girls than us guys. Especially an out going good looking girl like you. So no I don't want you to get a new dog, but well us dogs are a dime a dozen.
And who knows maybe the next time...will be your lucky dime. :)
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Not that I'm comparing my man to a dog

You're not? :o

:D:D:D:D

I am, but you're missing a key part of the sentence: "Not that I'm comparing my man to a dog that needs to be house-broken" :ph34r::ph34r::P
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss