Squeak

Another Mechanical problem a real one this time

The mechanic said the Electro dude, did a series of test, and heard the ECU cut out each time.
he said they've checked the TPS, and TCU and some other sesame street stuff:ph34r:

heard the ECU??? while I am not familiar with your car...I have never heard a solid state devise make a noise besides a distinctive electrical shorting noise usually followed by a big puff of smoke....ending the life of the unit instantly.

ECU's can and are used to drive the control circuit of a relay which can be heard as it is or can be a electromechanical switch....

What diagnostic time are you being billed?

I have replaced a shitload of ECU's on north american vehicles...but very few on asian vehicles ( work split 60/40 n/a to asian)

if you can...get the old ecu back and open it up...see if you can spot obvious signs of failure...breaks in the printed circuit, burn marks, corrosion....or things that just went poof!!!!

The guy is charging 165$ for diagnostic time and $480 for a new ECU (i know of the $175 ones on ebay, but my guy wont do secondhand as he cant guarantee the work) I will ask for the old ECU.
I did say to the guy that the problem started out as an intermittent fault and usually computers dont work now and then and then fail, they just fail. he disagreed and said ecu can have intermittent faults. I'm out of my depth with this stuff, so i have to trust him.
A new genuine part was going to run $961.00 from a Mitsi dealer.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Still waiting on parts?

I had typed up a long responce the other night...but was drinking so deleted it :$

Intermittent problems are very common with automotive electronics....about 60% of the cars I diagnose for check engine lights have a intermittent problem.

Still waiting on parts?

I had typed up a long responce the other night...but was drinking so deleted it :$

Intermittent problems are very common with automotive electronics....about 60% of the cars I diagnose for check engine lights have a intermittent problem.

Well i picked up the car yesterday, all seems fine now, I have a 500km drive tomorrow in the summer heat so that should be a test of it.:|

The muffler came in yesterday also, but there was no gasket with it so now i have to wait for that :S:S

Thanks ofor all your advice Denren, and the rest of you lot :)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?